Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolff645 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 11:33 AM
    Where to get possible dinosaur egg appraised
    I live in Wyoming, my wife found what may be a dinosaur egg. It's the size and shape of a duck egg.Looking for a reputable place to have it looked at.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 11:52 AM
    I would take a rough guess and suggest that you contact a museum in Wyoming that has a paleo exhibit; phone and find out if you can bring it or send it to them for assessment. They may ask you to measure it, weigh it, tell them the colour and exactly where she found it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2012, 12:54 PM
    Try here Anthropology Degree | Department of Anthropology | University of Wyoming
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 01:16 PM
    Thanks for that link Scott, know absolutely nothing about museums in that part of the world, I am only associated with the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto and if this article were sent there it would be dealt with properly. If the department of Anthropology at this museum doesn't work out, I would be happy to use my connections for it to come here/

It would be one of many to be diagnosed anywhere, at any museum on the north american continent.

It will take months to get an answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone know the movie from the 80's about two guys and a dinosaur egg? [ 0 Answers ]

So the movie follows two guys who go to all sorts of different dinosuar oriented places learning about dinosaurs, while being followed by a guy in a trenchcoat with sunglasses on?

When a Recipe Calls for Using One Egg, What Size Egg Do They Mean? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, all! Okay, some recipes call for only one egg to use in the mix. This would usually be for when we might be baking something. What size egg do they mean, please? I'm the kind of person who likes to buy the jumbo ones! Thanks!

How can I get a painting appraised? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a painting by Heinrich Hofmann, it's a 13X19 portrait ofchrist at twelve years. It had been with a family that I knew from 1931 until I received it in 1990. It is different than the prints I've seen and looks like an original. The frame appears to be made of oaks or some other hard wood.

Getting jewelry appraised [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a few pieces of jewelry I need appraised. A diamond necklace, a jade necklace, and a pearl necklace. I've never gotten anything appraised. Can I just walk into a jewelry store (a nice one) and ask them to appraise it for me? Or do I go to a jewel appraiser for this? What do they...

I saw a ghost while frying an egg then the egg turned blood red! [ 6 Answers ]

I was cooking at my fiance's Grandparents old farm house. I was standing at the stove frying eggs and noticed something looking at me from the other room. I looked and saw a shadow like creature disappear behind a wall. I looked back at the pan and the eggs were blood red! I screamed and then...

View more questions Search