Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris6457 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2012, 09:29 PM
    Confused on EtG answer I read
    Dr.bill you were saying in one of your answers one drnk is detectable for 25-30 hours if cutoff is 100ng.. so does that mean 10 beers could show up for 300 hours? Sorry sir for all the questions
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chris6457 View Post
    Dr.bill you were saying in one of your answers one drnk is detectable for 25-30 hours if cutoff is 100ng..so does that mean 10 beers could show up for 300 hours? Sorry sir for all the questions
    No it does not. One reason is that EtG is created and eliminated at a steady rate. It does not accumulate and wait for you to stop drinking. So after you took the last sip of drink number 1, within 20 minutes EtG from that drink was complete, peaked in about 2-5 hours and then began to decline. Each subsequent drink follows the same profile... an ongoing process. This follows the same elimination profile as alcohol (EtG is direct metabolite) but occurs at a slower rate offset by about 2-5 hours.
    chris6457 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 09:04 AM
    Ok this past Friday I was told I would have to test Monday (tomorrow).. well I drank A lot last Friday.. what should I do today to help my chances tomorrow? Its been 9 days but I am a big guy and drank a lot.. it was totally unexpected and now am worried.. but have drank a lot of water throughout the week.. I keep reading where it helps then I see where it doesent.. am just confused
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2012, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chris6457 View Post
    Ok this past friday i was told I would have to test Monday (tomorrow) ..well I drank ALOT last friday..what should I do today to help my chances tomorrow? Its been 9 days but i am a big guy and drank alot.. it was totally unexpected and now am worried..but have drank alot of water throughout the week..i keep reading where it helps then i see where it doesent..am just confused
    You can stop all of the heroic efforts. There is zero chance of EtG being present at that time span regardless of amount consumed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dr Bill please answer, ETG Test [ 0 Answers ]

Dr Bill, I am 18 and I took 4 shots of 80 proof aristocrat within 30 minutes, with my last sip being before 11PM on Thursday night. I am 6'1 160,very active(go to the gym and lift at least 4 out of 7 days a week), I have a possible alcohol test on Monday at 3pm, I don't even know if its going to be...

20 , trying to conceive please read on and answer! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello me and my oh have been trying to conceive for 3 months my last period was the 25th of april & ended on the 28th of april ( 3days) we have been having sex from them onwards on to these dates 3/4/5/6/7/ of may. I have bought i ov kit it sed i was ovulating last night so we had sex last night...

View more questions Search