Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmilingInside Posts: 182, Reputation: 3

Aug 11, 2012, 12:25 AM
    What color should I paint my cabinets?
    I have bone colored fixtures in my bath.

I chose a light, upbeat sage green for the walls. It's a modern home.

I am wondering what color to paint the cabinets. I'm thinking a dark brown. I'd love to do white or black but that just won't work with the bone fixtures so brown is the only thing I can think of that will look OK. I want to stick with a darker color just because I have kids and light colors will no doubt get hand prints.

Suggestions? I'm open to anything! Thanks!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 11, 2012, 01:59 AM
    The sage sounds good with bone. I'd get the same paint in a darker shade, or possibly add some deep teal to the same sage.
    Brown, sage, and bone don't sound too bad but how light do you want the bathroom to be, how many cabinets are there, is there a window?
    SmilingInside Posts: 182, Reputation: 3

Aug 11, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    The sage sounds good with bone. I'd get the same paint in a darker shade, or possibly add some deep teal to the same sage.
    Brown, sage, and bone don't sound too bad but how light do you want the bathroom to be, how many cabinets are there, is there a window?
    I think I'll just be going with brown. The cabinets are already a darkish brown wood, which I hate, so I think a plain medium brown will look good. Thanks!

There's a small window, an there's 3 cabinets under the sink/counter.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Whatever color you choose, make sure to sand well and prime. Putting latex paint, I assume, over varnish finish without proper prep will peel off quickly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In a remodel... Paint first or backsplash first? Cabinets are not in. [ 1 Answers ]

- the drywall is being finished now - our original plan was to paint, put in cabinets, measure where the countertop would start... then tile - we are now concerned about the "mess" that might happen with the tiles and whether we should try to do the tiles first. - the tiles are glass mosaic tiles

When painting kitchen cabinets is it best to sand first, then paint? [ 2 Answers ]

Thinking about painting my kitchen cabinets without the expensive kitchen re-modeling work. Which type of paint is best used on wooden kitchen cabinets?

How to clean enamel paint on kitchen cabinets (1950's) [ 1 Answers ]

Need to clean original (1950's) enamel painted on metal kitchen cabinets. Basic dirt; some grease around handles. Don't want to lose what is left of the finish. Not sure what cleaning product(s) to use. Thank you.

Can you paint formica cabinets? [ 5 Answers ]

I have PINK formica cabinets and I hate them. How hard is it to paint them? What kind of prep, paint do I need? Do they have to be sprayed? Anyone ever try the paint that they have for plastic PVC furniture?

Do I paint the kitchen walls or the cabinets? [ 4 Answers ]

I want to paint my kitchen. It is small. There is much more cabinet space than wall space. Both the cabinets and walls are this kind of ugly off-white or navajo white with a yellowish tone . I want to liven up the kitchen, but I don't know if I should paint the cabinets or the walls. And...

View more questions Search