Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TARO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2012, 05:55 PM
    Transfer funds from my foreign bank account to my USA bank account
    I am planning to transfer over $12,000 funds from my foreign bank account to my USA bank account. Would IRS tax me for the transfer amount even though it is my life time saving.

TARO
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 10, 2012, 06:13 PM
    Taro:

There are NO transfer taxes in the United States, so do the transfer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hold on bank account funds [ 1 Answers ]

Just found out there is a hold on my banking account funds. The hold is for everything I had in my account which is over $3000.00. Can they do that? Can that hold be released. Not sure who put the hold on it but my guess would be a credit card creditor from the past.

Transfer owned money from India to USA in owned Bank Account [ 2 Answers ]

I'm NRI and staying in USA.I wish to file my Green Card as my H1 Visa is to be expired shortly.I wish to have our funds(My and of my wife,who is on H4 Visa)from India ,which is with Indian Banks of which tax has been paid as per Indian Incometax rules.How should the Funds to be transferred legally...

I hold H4 Visa,can I open a bank account with any USA bank? [ 0 Answers ]

I hold H4 Visa,can I open a bank account with any US bank?

Garnished bank account funds [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas. In 1999 I had a business that failed. One company that I owed filed a judgement. Now I have been told by my bank that my bank account funds have been garnished, from said judgement. According to Texas Law only tax levies can garnish a bank account. I have filed and signed a letter...

View more questions Search