Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    interesting27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2005, 06:50 PM
    Resolution Won't Change -- HELP!
    Hello. My question is in regards to my computer monitor (TRL/RIC DH-1764M/DH-1764). Currently, my resolution is stuck at 640x480. I know the monitor has the ability for something greater, however, when I try to change the screen area or colors, nothing happens. My color options are 2 and 16 and my slider for the screen area won't budge. How can I change that? If there's a problem with the actual computer, what settings can I change to get it to notice that, yes, my moniter is up to the challenge!

Thank you for your time everyone! I hope to hear from you soon! ~mike
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2005, 05:20 AM
    Monitor
    Hi,
    Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel.
    Then open Display.
    Click on the Settings tab.
    Look at the bottom, and see what your setting is. If it's on what your monitor shows, then that is what is causing it.
    Use the slider, and change it.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 3, 2005, 06:40 AM
    If that doesn't work, you probably are using the incorrect driver for your video card. Despite microsoft's hyped-up "plug and pray" this sort of thing can be a real headache.

Do you know what video card/chipset you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook changes resolution [ 4 Answers ]

OK. This problem is fantastic. I have a computer that I am working on and every time I open Microsoft Outlook the screen resolution changes to 600 x 800 and the colour drops to 16 bits. Then when I close Outlook again it returns to normal. This is a Windows XP system. Any suggestions would be...

Screen Resolution problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hi. We use a hp pavilion f1703 flat screen monitor on Radeon 9200 series. Every time the computer restarts the screen resolution defaults to 640x480 and Low 8 bit colour. I can change the resolution to 800x600 and Highest (32 bit) colour but it doesn't remember that info when I restart the computer...

Monitor resolution [ 7 Answers ]

Hello! I have a monitor, (oldie) only works in 640x480, I need see a software in 800x600, how do I can solve this? (using the same monitor)? Some solution via software emulation? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search