Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    astheris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 02:02 PM
    Physics question
    You and a friend each drive 50.0 km. you travel at 90 km/h; your friend travels at 95.0km/hr. how long will your friend have to wait for you at the end of the trip
    pianobuggy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 04:50 PM
    This sounds like a homework question, so I'll give you a hint of how to solve it instead of the answer.
    You need the time it will take you friend, and the time it takes you, then subtract.
    How do you get the time? In physics we have a term called "dimensional analysis" which is just a fancy way of saying that you can get the answers by looking at the units. You have a value that is in km and a value that is in km/hr. You want a unit of time, like hours. So if you have km and km/hr, how can you get hours? You divide km by km/hr! (or just multiply by the inverse... km x hr/km, the km cancel and you get hrs out) This tells you how to solve the problem - you just need to put the numbers in there. Be sure that when you divide by km/hr you divide the number.
    Does that help? Let me know if you need a better explanation.
    kakkarod Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2012, 02:36 AM
    95 km/hr person will reach there in 18.94 min

90km/hr person will reach tjere in 20 min...

(plss cross check)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a physics question [ 1 Answers ]

A police car equipped with a radar speed detecting device observes a motorist traveling at a speed of 120 km/h. The police car starts pursuing the motorist 30 s after the initial observation and accelerates to 160 km/h during a 20 s time interval. Assume both vehicules maintain these speeds on a...

Physics question [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know the steps to take to solve please. A golfer can hit a golf ball a horizontal distance of over 300m on a good drive. What maximum height will a 301.5m drive reach if it is launched at an angle of 25degrees to the ground?

Physics question [ 2 Answers ]

help me solve these problems: 1)A particle is exicuting SHM with time T .Starting from mean position ,what is the time taken by it to complete 5/8 oscillations ? 2)Two particles executing shm of same frequency meet at x= A/2 ,while moving in opposite directions . What is the phase difference...

Physics question 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello can any one help me with this question?? 1 An athlete throws the shotput with an initial velocity of 14 m/s at a 40 degree angle from the horizontal. The shotput leaves his hand at a height of 2.2 m above the ground. a. Determine the x and y components of the initial velocity. b....

View more questions Search