Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heyiloveyou Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 09:49 PM
    I want my friends family to adopt me
    I'm 13 and I live with my dad, in New Jersey... my mom lives in Florida. I was born in Indiana. All of my brothers and sisters live in Indiana... by blood I have 3 brothers and one sister but their other parents and stuff went and had kids it complicated but if you consider all of us there's 13 and I only get to see some of them one-two times a year the others I haven't seen in 6 and I just miss everyone. But back to New Jersey my dad gets mad way to easy... he has hit me with my laptop charger and left a huge bruise on my side and he has hit me a couple of other times... my da has an abusive past. So I'm visiting Indiana and I'm with my best friend all the time we have been together since forth grade now we are both going into 8th. I was talking to her and her mom about it and he mom said that if I want she could adopt me... and she said that its perfectally fine with her but my parents would never give me up. All of my dads side of the family is really loud and rude... I hate it there so much that I tried to kill myself several times in the past two years... I just want to get out of there but I need a way that doesn't invole signing me over... and you guys might say I can live with my mom... no, she lost her parental rights and she is an acholic and a drugie... I need help before I go back to New Jersey...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 9, 2012, 03:51 AM
    You have to go back to NJ. However, if you are being abused, you talk to a guidance counselor at school and get family services involved. Your friend's parents can tell family services they are willing to foster you.

Aug 9, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    You have to go back to NJ. However, if you are being abused, you talk to a guidance counselor at school and get family services involved. Your friend's parents can tell family services they are willing to foster you.
    I did that and they thought I was lying and it didn't work out...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 9, 2012, 02:50 PM
    Why would they think you were lying?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 03:45 PM
    You did not show them the bruise and marks when you are hit.
    Call social services and report it to them
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by heyiloveyou View Post
    im 13 and i live with my dad, in New Jersey... my mom lives in florida. I was born in indiana. All of my brothers and sisters live in indiana... by blood i have 3 brothers and one sister but thier other parents and stuff went and had kids it complicated but if you consider all of us theres 13 and i only get to see some of them one-two times a year the others i havent seen in 6 and i just miss everyone. but back to new jersey my dad gets mad way to easy... he has hit me with my laptop charger and left a huge bruise on my side and he has hit me a couple of other times... my da has an abusive past. so im visiting indiana and im with my bestfriend all the time we have been together sinse forth grade now we are both going into 8th. i was talking to her and her mom about it and he mom said that if i want she could adopt me... and she said that its perfectally fine with her but my parents would never give me up. all of my dads side of the family is really loud and rude... i hate it there so much that i tried to kill myself several times in the past two years... i just want to get out of there but i need a way that doesnt invole signing me over... and you guys might say i can live with my mom... no, she lost her parental rights and she is an acholic and a drugie... i need help befor i go back to New Jersey...

There is no way to change this UNLESS child protective services gets involved. Your father could sign guardianship over to your friend's mother, however.

"Loud and rude" might be offensive. Physical violence, of course, is dangerous to you. "Loud and rude" isn't going to matter much.

When are you scheduled to go back to NJ?

Aug 11, 2012, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Why would they think you were lying?
    I'm not sure

Aug 11, 2012, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    There is no way to change this UNLESS child protective services gets involved. Your father could sign guardianship over to your friend's mother, however.

"Loud and rude" might be offensive. Physical violence, of course, is dangerous to you. "Loud and rude" isn't going to matter much.

When are you scheduled to go back to NJ?
    Umm week and half

Aug 11, 2012, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    you did not show them the bruise and marks when you are hit.
    Call social services and report it to them
    No id didn't because by then the one was gone
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heyiloveyou View Post
    i just want to get out of there but i need a way that doesnt invole signing me over... and you guys might say i can live with my mom... no, she lost her parental rights and she is an acholic...

You have a week and a half to decide how to proceed - and if that involves your friend's mother getting guardianship you had better get busy!

There is no other answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my best friends mom adopt me? [ 1 Answers ]

Im a 12 year old girl and my parents nonstop lecture me about everything I do. My dad abuses me,but I'm scared to call anyone to help because I don't know what will happen. I really want to live with my best friend but, I have no idea how to leave my hell house.

Friends sister wants to adopt me? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so my father has abused me before. He has left bruises. My friends older sister has considered adopting me or trying to gain temporary custody, until my father is easier to get along with. I was adopted at birth, and I'd feel bad leaving my grandparents and other family and such, but I can't...

Adopt a child from our friends [ 2 Answers ]

If we adopt a child from our friends, is her name was registered by the name of his real father or adopted father

How can my friends mother adopt me [ 5 Answers ]

My moms house is dirty,there's no room for me to sleep,there is no food,roaches everywhere,even in broad daylight there's billions of roaches,on the bed in the bathroom,every little corner you will find roaches,the bathroom is full of nothing but dirty clothes.closets that can't even be open...

I want to adopt my friends kid. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend of mine who is just now 18 and has 2 kids and has had 3 abortions. Her newest child I have and want to adopt. The other is with the grandparents, who can't take on another child. Right now I just want them to sign over rights with the eventual outcome of me adopting their child. The...

View more questions Search