Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lyss16 Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Aug 8, 2012, 08:28 PM
    Black hole in space
    Hey I was wondering what will happen if you get sucked in the black hole out of space. I've been trying to figure it out myself and the only answer in my head was... going back to the past or going in the complete opposite life style.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 08:39 PM
    A "black hole" is believed to be the remains of a massive star that has burnt out and collasped upon itself.

So there is the remains of a planet there. It is so dense and heavy that the gravity field, is so strong, even light can not bounce back. ** you know that the image we see of anything, si just the light that is reflected off that object, ( i.e. your red shirt is actually every color but red, since the red it reflected so thus you see red)

But anyway, if you went into the black hole ( and not worry about Oxygen and all of that)
    Your body would be crushed. You would long before reaching the center, be smashed into a object smaller than a grain of sand.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 08:41 PM
    Yes, unless you're in a science fiction film, you're most likely not going to be doing any sort of time travel in a black hole as you will be squashed.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 09:00 PM
    No, you'll be spaghettified.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    So there is the remains of a planet there..
    Actually at the center of a black hole is a singularity of infinite density (and thus zero volume), not a "planet."

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No, you'll be spaghettified.
    Right - tidal forces would stretch you out in spaghetti strands before you get to the event horizon. The experience would ruin your whole day!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does black hole really exsist ? [ 5 Answers ]

science books tell us that black holes are real If then , where is it and what actually is it?

The Black Hole of political correctness [ 24 Answers ]

Have you heard the one about the Dallas mayor daring to use the term "black hole?" See the rest of the column here. Call me nostalgic, but I think it would be sweet for the next similar PC victim to refuse to apologize when they've done nothing wrong. I'd give them a standing-O. Aside...

The Black Hole [ 6 Answers ]

Ive always wondered about black holes. I know that it is a region of space in which the gravitational field is so powerful that nothing can escape after having fallen past the event horizon, not even light. Does anyone know anything else, because I am so curious about it!:p

Filling hole in space between shower wall and floor [ 2 Answers ]

I recently noticed a water stain on the ceiling below the master bedroom shower. After scraping away the grout between in the space between the shower floor times and the shower wall times, I noticed a small hole. How and with what should I fill the hole before regrouting? The hole is about 2...

View more questions Search