Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frizzybear Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Vampires in the Bible?
    I don't know if the bible is REALLY talking about Vampires or what not. I told my Uncle who is very into God and Jesus and he said it was probably talking about dragons but I don't really know. I guess it could be talking abour Demons and all but I don't really know and if it is talking about Vampires wouldn't that go against God and his existence?
    Proverbs 30:14
    There are those whose teeth are swords, whose fangs are knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, the needy from among mankind.

Deuteronomy 12:23
    Only be sure that you do not eat the blood, for the blood is the life, and you shall not eat the life with the flesh.

Revelation 9:8
    Their hair like women's hair, and their teeth like lions' teeth;
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 05:45 PM
    You can not pick verses out of the bible, link them together and use them out of context,

No this is not vampires,
    Due for example is talking about eating habits, not to eat the blood of animals, just as not to eat in latter verses,pigs and other unclean things.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 05:50 PM
    Proverbs 30:14
    There are those whose teeth are swords, whose fangs are knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, the needy from among mankind.
    In every generation, there are cruel monsters and the very wealthy who oppress the weak and the poor.
    Deuteronomy 12:23
    Only be sure that you do not eat the blood, for the blood is the life, and you shall not eat the life with the flesh.
    This had to do with the sacrifices the Hebrews made for various reasons including for their sins.
    Revelation 9:8
    Their hair like women's hair, and their teeth like lions' teeth;
    The locusts with hair like women's hair are people who are gathered in rebellion against the kingdom of God. In the end they, too, will fail.

Like classyT mentioned, one has to read the Bible as a whole, in context, and not pick out one verse here and another one there and make a teaching out of something all by itself.
    frizzybear Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You can not pick verses out of the bible, link them together and use them out of context,

No tihs is not vampires,
    Due for example is talking about eating habits, not to eat the blood of animals, just as not to eat in latter verses,pigs and other unclean things.
    OK I'm sorry ^.^
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 8, 2012, 06:33 PM
    There is NOTHING in the scriptures related to vampirism. Those verses were a classic case of taking something out of context.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frizzybear View Post
    OK im sorry ^.^
    Nothing to be sorry about, it is great you are reading and trying to understand.

The bible has demons, devils, witchcraft and more, just no vampires.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2012, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Nothing to be sorry about, it is great you are reading and trying to understand.

The bible has demons, devils, witchcraft and more, just no vampires.
    I agree with Fr_chuck...

I'm glad you are interested and reading. I had someone ask me recently about vampires and the bible. I believe like Fr-chuck and hauntinghelper. Keep reading, keep asking questions... it is all good. :)
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Aug 8, 2012, 10:09 PM
    Vampires are alive and well in the U.S.A... they are the life-long recipients of welfare and other loafers of a similar stripe. No need to quote the bible on that.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 07:22 AM
    Jakester,

LOL love your answer. :)

Hey you could quote scripture on this one... Paul says those that don't work shouldn't eat. THUS they suck the blood out of others. SEE? You can always find a bible verse to back it up. Ha ha ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hopping vampires [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie I thought was seven lucky ninja kids but I watched it and it wasn't the one I'm looking for. I remember a scene with one of the bad guys pretends to be a hopping vampire. Any ideas anyone?

Vampires? [ 8 Answers ]

Do vampires really exist and if so would one like to talk to me and become my friend this is a harmless question

I saw a movie of vampires and warewolfs.what is its name? [ 3 Answers ]

I saw a movie of vampires and warewolfs.it was in three parts.a hero is selected for combination of vampires+warewolfs.most of the plot revolves round the heroine.she is a vampire.i forgot the name of the movie.can you help me?

Vampires? [ 12 Answers ]

We always here all this stuff about vampires but "none of its real" somebody couldny just make this up could they? Any feedback? Do you beleve have? You seen? What I really want to know (and Kind of want to beleve!)

Vampires exist or not [ 10 Answers ]

In many books I have read aout vampires but there's still one thing stuck in my head: Do vampires exist or not? And why?

View more questions Search