Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lboesen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 07:52 AM
    My Maytag Performa dryer does not shut off during auto dry
    My Maytag Performa dryer does not shut off during auto dry Regular Fabrics. It continues past off and on to the Auto Dry Wrinkle Free Cotton.
    Any ideas? Shouldn't it stop on "off"? Thanks!
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2012, 11:43 PM
    You have two contacts welded together in the timer. You also should clean it and check all of the sensors and t-stats with a meter. Here are the manuals: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Maytag%20Dryers.zip
    These driers will also do that when the lint builds up like concrete on the inside of the air ducts. It happens to all dryers. Halfway cleaning it will not work. You need to totally tear it down and scrape out and wash all of the parts except the motor, which you vacuum out. You can go to YouTube to see videos on how to take it apart, but do a very good job or it will fail again quickly. I would get a new belt and change it while you have it apart and get some white lithium grease and grease any bearings you find. You need to clean out a drier every two years, at least, according to the manual. You just unplug the wires from the sensors and remove ductwork that they are attached on and clean the entire thing with soap and water. Make sure you go all through the dryer and get all parts like the blower fan and housing, vacuum out motor well and clean exhaust. Mark all wires you unplug so you know where they go. This is an easier job than you would think. My sister does hers at least once a year since she has five children and the dryer gets a lot of use. Make sure to clean around all of the sensors, too. See: Dryer vent cleaning prevents fires - YouTube and: Cleaning out a dryer with top lint cleanout - YouTube
    Cleaning out a dryer: By a woman 2 of 2 - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer does not dry in Auto Dry mode [ 23 Answers ]

My Maytag dryer works well in the Timed Dry mode but in the Auto Dry mode it runs forever and does not dry well. In the Timed Dry mode it produces plenty of heat and works fine. What is happening in the Auto Dry mode that does not make the heat properly get to a level that allows the clothes to...

Maytag Performa item #PYET344AYW auto dry function doesn't work. [ 0 Answers ]

As stated above, my electric dryer doesn't work when I use the Auto Dry function. It does get hot, but the cycle never ends. The timed mode still functions properly. Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? I tried the search funchion, but all of the answers were from 4 years ago for a different...

Maytag Dryer Auto Dry Not Heating (Model: PYE2300AYW) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having a similar problem to the one discussed here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/appliances/maytag-dryer-does-not-dry-auto-dry-mode-24630-2.html My dryer heats properly in timed mode, but not in auto mode. I've checked the circuit breakers and they're on, and I've checked the...

Maytag dryer not working in auto dry mode [ 1 Answers ]

Have a circa-1998 Maytag gas dryer (model LDG8410AAW). After cleaning out exhaust vent thoroughly (as well as replacing belt), having problem where the auto dry mode is not working on the timer (the other timed mode, however, does work). Should I replace the timer, or is there a sensor that needs...

Maytag Dryer - Timer not advancing in auto dry [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag "export " model dryer, operates on 220V, not two 110V lines. Model MYE3350AGW, Serial 11070998GJ. My wife ran a load in auto dry mode while the exhaust cover outside had been painted shut. Now, the timer does not advance while in auto dry. Timer does advance when in timed dry...

View more questions Search