Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2012, 05:26 AM
    Push button start
    My new car has a key fob that has to be near the car and a push button start. I trust I've explained that sufficiently - ?

I did notice that I had to literally be on top of the car in order to "pop" the trunk. Did I do anything? No.

Yesterday AM went out, nothing when I pressed the starter button, light said something about "low keyfob." Went inside, got the second transmitter, same thing.

When I went to the dealership he told me that BOTH fobs are "probably" defective and should be replaced. I refrained from strangling him and went to an independent repair shop, where they replaced the batteries in both transmitters and so far I'm fine.

How long does a battery last in one of these transmitters? I appreciate it's probably based on how often you use the transmitter/battery - but I haven't even had the car a year and it's purely a Summer vehicle.

Do I buy new transmitters? Eventually I'm going to get stuck someplace, and you need big, burly fingers to snap the transmitter open and back together again.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2012, 05:33 AM
    The lithium batteries inside (e.g. Cr2032) should last for 5 years.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2012, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    The lithium batteries inside (e.g., Cr2032) should last for 5 years.

I just looked at the invoice - that's what the replacement batteries are.

If they lasted 11 months on a seasonal vehicle does that mean that there's a problem somewhere?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I push the Start pr restart button, all the various lights come on and the disk [ 1 Answers ]

When I push the Start pr restart button, all the various lights come on and the disk activity light blinks twice then goes out. That is it. Nothing more. The process hangs, although the various lights remain on.

Kenmore dishwasher doesn't want to start when I push the start button [ 0 Answers ]

Have to keep opening and pushing the buttons trying to make it start

My dryer won't start when I push the start button [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer won't start when I push the start button

Convert key start mower to push button start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Snapper riding mower. The pull start motor went out and I bought a key start motor that works and fits it. However, I would like to convert it from a key start to a push button start. Can anyone give me instructions on how to do this?

Kenmore dryer won't start when I push the start button [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore dryer won't start when I push the start button

View more questions Search