Ask
    butterfly1231 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 03:54 AM
    Acne scarring
    Scars from pimples
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 04:03 AM
    I think there's a laser treatment that can help with that. It's a bit expensive I believe, but worth checking out. Go and see a dermatologist and they probably have that as well as medicated creams that might help.
    There's also some over the counter creams you can get, just ask the pharmacist and they can probably recommend something.

Aug 8, 2012, 04:11 AM
    In reply to Gernald::

Thanks A lot. That really helped. I'll go see them today :D
    maddy6 Posts: 108, Reputation: 12

Aug 8, 2012, 06:32 AM
    There is definitely help for scars from acne. One treatment is a laser treatment called Fraxel. There are other types of laser treatments also. Dermatologists as well as some Spas do these treatments. But the laser treatments are very successful with minimal discomfort.

Aug 8, 2012, 01:54 PM
    In reply to maddy6::

Is there any cheap creams or lotions or any home remedies you could recommend me?

Aug 9, 2012, 09:02 PM
    My daughter is a skin aesthetician. Let me ask her if she can recommend something and I will get back to you very soon.

Aug 10, 2012, 02:57 AM

Yes, thank you. And please inform her that most of my scars have been on my face for about 7 years

Aug 10, 2012, 06:06 AM
    Nothing over the counter will work. To start, see a doctor and ask for a prescription for Retin-A.

Aug 10, 2012, 07:10 AM

Thanks for your concern and help. It means a lot

Aug 10, 2012, 12:40 PM
    Also, if you can somehow afford it, the laser treatments should definitely work. Especially one called Fraxel. You can Google it. I would call around and inquire about price because when I googled it to check there were some prices quoted that were exorbitant and I don't believe accurate. Ladies Spas, not all, but some, use the lasers and also some dermatologists office. Good luck :-)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2012, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maddy6 View Post
    Also, if you can somehow afford it, the laser treatments should definitely work. Especially one called Fraxel. You can google it. I would call around and inquire about price because when I googled it to check there were some prices quoted that were exorbitant and I don't believe accurate. Ladies Spas, not all, but some, use the lasers and also some dermatologists office. Good luck :-)

Laser treatment can and often does cause scarring. I would see a Dermatologist, a medically trained person, before trusting my face to anyone else. My best friend's scarring is worse since Laser treatments.

Aug 10, 2012, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Laser treatment can and often does cause scarring. I would see a Dermatologist, a medically trained person, before trusting my face to anyone else. My best friend's scarring is worse since Laser treatments.
    I will clarify exactly for you JudyKayTee:
    My daughter is a "medical aesthetician," there are dermatologists offices and there are many Ladies Spas who employ qualified medical professionals and have doctors on their staff. Obviously anyone using a laser should be licensed and trained. Perhaps your friend did not use caution in who she allowed to touch her face with a laser.
    "I," and not a friend, have personal experience with having had Fraxel treatments, I am knowledgeable about what I was recommeding, and am speaking from first hand experience.

However, I would like to ask you JudyKayTee, why you attempt to discredit me on my posts? This is not the first time and neither am I the only one you have done this to.
    Since this is a question and answer public website I am answering the "person" answering the question. The site does not have any stipulations for who can answer questions. FYI, any future attempts to discredit my answers will simply go ignored.
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2012, 02:23 PM
    I will clarify exactly for you JudyKayTee:
    My daughter is a "medical aesthetician," there are dermatologists offices and there are many Ladies Spas who employ qualified medical professionals and have doctors on their staff. Obviously anyone using a laser should be licensed and trained. Perhaps your friend did not use caution in who she allowed to touch her face with a laser.
    "I," and not a friend, have personal experience with having had Fraxel treatments, I am knowledgeable about what I was recommeding, and am speaking from first hand experience.

However, I would like to ask you JudyKayTee, why you attempt to discredit me on my posts? This is not the first time and neither am I the only one you have done this to.

Since this is a question and answer public website I am answering the "person" answering the question. The site does not have any stipulations for who can answer questions. FYI, any future attempts to discredit my answers will simply go ignored.

Whoa - I have made no attempts to discredit you on any threads. Please post those threads so I know what you are referencing. I also don't know that you speak for any people other than yourself - on one hand you want personal experience; on the other the "other" people have something to do with this.

By the very definition of the word, I do not see how I have ever "discredited" anything you've posted: I haven't caused you to be distrusted or disbelieved; I haven't damaged your reputation on AMHD; I haven't reject FACT or refused to accept FACTs which you have posted. Everything else is about opinions.

I work in the legal profession. I am assigned burns and scarring from laser treatments. Fine if your daughter works under the supervision and license of a Physician. That is not the case everywhere. I don't see you say anywhere that it's "obvious" that credentials should be checked. Is it common sense? Yes. Does everyone who post here exercise common sense? No.

Why didn't I know your daughter is a medical aesthetician? Oh, I know - because you posted "My daughter is a skin aesthetician," and that's a different profession.

I have no idea why you take any of this so personally. I didn't realize that posting first-hand experience in seeing the damage to a friend would be offensive to you.

Anyway - kindly post the other threads where I have deliberately attempted to discredit you.

EDIT: If you are referring to your attempt to change your user name after many postings, I had nothing to do with that - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum-...se-690725.html.

Nobody gets to start over - not with the consent of AMHD, at any rate.

If you are referring to your incorrect legal advice (and that post appears to also be based on your personal experience), I'm not the one who caught it: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/real-e...ve-690259.html If you were discredited there, I'm not the person who caught your error.
    Expert

Aug 10, 2012, 11:46 PM
    Haha I was wondering the same thing too... you know you can block people if you go into your profile on the left hand side.

If you go to a reputable person who has been properly trained to use the laser the odds of something going wrong are significantly decreased. But there are risks in ever procedure. Maddy6 is right though Fraxel looks like a good treatment from what I've seen online and other peoples testimonies I've read.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2012, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    Haha I was wondering the same thing too...you know you can block people if you go into your profile on the left hand side.

If you go to a reputable person who has been properly trained to use the laser the odds of something going wrong are significantly decreased. But there are risks in ever procedure. Maddy6 is right though Fraxel looks like a good treatment from what I've seen online and other peoples testimonies I've read.

I'm not the person who caught your error (if that's your complaint): https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/job-hu...ey-692083.html
    Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Referring someone back to another post does not answer the question it just makes them mad because you took the time to stalk their posts but not help them answer the question. Perhaps that person was looking for more ideas than they currently had.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reduce acne scarring [ 10 Answers ]

So, I'm an idiot and I'm always messing with my face, causing problems that usually don't exist. And well, It began to scar!! I've tried a few over the counter products and would like to have some sort of skin surgery done, though I can't really afford it.. So does anyone know of any home...

Acne scarring [ 2 Answers ]

I was one of those teenagers plagued with terrible acne. With enough perscriptions , it began clearing up. Now the only visible sings are the scaring that was left behind. Is there any easy remedy for this as well?

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

View more questions Search