Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobbyju Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Invitation etiquette
    Received invitation to bridal shower in another state, ifnot attending do I still need torsvp?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Id spend the change on a stamp, even though they probably know its unlikely.

My wife had friends from a neighboring state come. I think its polite to drop a note and say sorry you can't come but you wish them well... I know the rsvp's are usually the shows, but in times like this, or a wedding, I think its always nice to know about those who cannot come.

My 2 cents. I'm sure others will chime in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invitation [ 4 Answers ]

If there is no phone number on the invitation to respond to and the invitation says "The favor of a reply is requested" does that mean you have to hand write a response? Blueeyes

Invitation Wording [ 1 Answers ]

We are having an evening reception, starting at 7:30. Very small afternoon wedding, very large reception. We are not serving dinner, instead will provide a lot of our favorite appetizers and refreshments (an outlandish list of eclectic items)... A couple of friends have suggested that the...

Thank you card Etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got married, and have finally sat down to do all of my thank you notes. First I am doing the wedding shower thank you's. But I'm stumped! Should I send a thank you card to those who didn't give a gift? Also, we had an uninvited guest come who didn't bring a gift. Do I need to send...

Invitation [ 1 Answers ]

Could you tell me what the proper punctuation should be in the following sentence: "come join us on Wednesday 8th of November 2006 at 5pm.

Proper etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

One of my closest friends is getting married and I am in the wedding party. Things are getting quite pricey between dress, shoes, bridal shower, bachlorette party, not to mention the cost of the hotel room for the weekend. The reception is at a very nice place and unfortunately that nice place...

View more questions Search