Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleyscott2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Hunter ceiling fan adding remote control, extra ceiling wire.
    I am adding a Hunter remote control to my exsisting Hunter ceiling fan. All the wires match from the remote to the fan, and I've hooked them up perfectly. My confusion comes from the ceiling wires to the remote. My ceiling has 3 wires: white, grey and red. The remote only has two wires to hook them to: white and black. Do I connect the white to white and then just combine the red and grey to the black?
    dmichels Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 09:49 PM
    Your house was wired for two switches. To be safe you will need to take the switch out of the wall to see what wires are connected the red or the grey(should be black) so the black power lead on the hunter fan controller will go to the red or grey or maybe both. If you have two switches just pick one the one you connect to that switch will have to be on for the fan to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter ceiling fan Remote control replacement. [ 22 Answers ]

This is driving me nuts. OK I know where the b and w wires go from the fan to the receiver also the " one " that says light out " which is red. What I have left on the receiver is Fan out and Common out. From the fan there is a brown wire by its self and a bundle with red, yel, gray,...

Hunter ceiling fan remote control replacement [ 5 Answers ]

I was given a replacement remote/reciever at Lowe's. Some kid told me it would work. I ohmed out the motor which has two windings (pink to yellow and red to grey). I paralelled the two windings with the new receiver output and neutral. The fan doesn't run as fast as it did before. The winding ohmed...

Hunter ceiling fan remote control [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 hunter fans in each of 2 bedrooms. The same remotes works both fans. I cannot separate the two. They each claim to have a different code inside the battery door. Every time I turn on one the other comes on also. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Hunter ceiling fan remote control [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently installed a Hunter remote control for my ceiling fan and everything went fine with it. My question is has anyone else experienced the lights turning on by themselves after remote install? I first noticed it while playing PS3... but it also happens while watching t.v. I...

View more questions Search