Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meganwall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 10:30 AM
    Camper to electric box.
    I just purchased an old camper with a 50 AMP male plug to connect the electric. Currently I have used adapters to bridge 50 amp to 30, then 30 to 15 which I have plugged into by electric box with an extension cord. This works for fridge but is not working for the stove or water heater. I need to hard wire the camper to the box, but am not sure how to about doing this. PLease help.
    HowHardCanItBe Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2014, 10:40 AM
    You will need a cord that's rated for 50A and connect it to a dedicated 2-pole 50A breaker in the box, as well as the neutral and ground.

This can be a dangerous thing to try. If you are not comfortable with this sort of thing, please find someone to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring power from breaker box to camper?? [ 8 Answers ]

My builder is about to break ground on our new home on a large rural piece of property that we own. There is a connected power pole with a 100 amp breaker box that is hooked up mainly to give the construction workers power for their tools. I also keep my large 5th wheel camper there for...

Sparks from breaker box during an electric storm [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, Tonight we had severe electrical storms in our area. My family was taking cover in the basement. While down there we had a momentary shower of sparks from the service panel. None of the breakers popped. There was no load noise, etc so I am assuming that maybe it was a strong surge...

Nuetral electric wires tied together in a 5 switch box [ 2 Answers ]

I have a wall box with 5 light switches, the neutral 5 wires are tied together, I want to replace one of the switches, it needs the neutral wire to function. How do I find the correct neutral wire that belongs to this switch. Or any neutral will do? Thanks in advance.

Electric breaker box buzzes [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hi I have a 3 year old house with 200 amp service and yesterday after turning central ac on for the 1st time this year the circuit breaker box buzzes when the unit kicks on and then doesn't buzz again until ac kicks on again, is this a bad breaker? And is it easy to change? Thank you...

Electric junction box [ 1 Answers ]

How do you wire a 220 volt line through a junction box into a 220 volt plug in for a stove? Please provode me with a schematic of the wiring procedure. Thanks

View more questions Search