Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fabfisch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Rainwater floods garage
    My concrete driveway slopes down toward the house and levels out about 3 feet from the house. From the house it slopes very little toward this same spot. During heavy rains the water collects in this spot and comes in under my garage door. What is the best way to prevent this from happening without spending a fortune?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2012, 03:20 AM
    A slot drain is the only thing that comes to mind without knowing a lot more detail. A slot drain is basically a pipe with an open top that can receive water and carry it away, provided that there is a location to outlet it.
    Only other thought would be a berm across driveway (if asphalt driveway-or concrete possibly) which of course will create a bump.
    If not a paved driveway (just noted that it is concrete but leaving this suggestion here as still a slight possibility dependent on whether basic driveway structure could still be possible?), one other inexpensive but probably short-term method would be to install a stone (golf ball sized stone-say) trench across the dway on an angle to intercept and carry the water away-but with all the above suggestions the grade must be such that the water can flow with a slope away from the problem area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rainwater T Fittings [ 0 Answers ]

Is a T fitting on the down spout where rain drains form 2 opposing direction to the main drain pipe allowed per plumbing codes.

Why won't our rainwater tank fill up when it rains? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a new home in NSW and as per council requirements we have had installed a rainwater tank. Problem is it doesn't fill up when it rains. Go figure. We have checked the downpipes and they appear to be all clear. We have checked that the pipes leading into the tank are clear. We don't...

How do I connect a rainwater down pipe to a sewer? [ 3 Answers ]

A strap Boss is only for 40mm pipe, rainwater pipe comes in 65mm how else can they be connected?

Rainwater harvesting systems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All I am very interested in the rain water collection system which is an environment friendly design application. I am in my thesis year right now, and would like to know more about these systems. We will highly appreciate your feed back. Thanks in advance. James

Rainwater drainage [ 1 Answers ]

What should be the standard slope for a concrete block paved carpark of 15m based on rainwater drainage?

View more questions Search