Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    red_in_love Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Spray on tan
    ANOTHER QUESTION!!
    Hey its me the red head again and I have another question

Do you think I should get a spray on tan I got one last year and I liked it but it also made me look kind of orange my boyfriend doesn't want me to get one but I'm in track and golf and I'm going to have some major tan lines on my arms and neck... help

Do you know if they can do like different level of darkness because when I went last year my cousin, who is darker than me, ended up the same color as me
    Mommy2gio Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2007, 01:16 AM
    Spray tans tend to look orange... try Dove's "natural glow". It's a moisturizer that gradually tans you each time you use it. I like it. Gives you a nice glow.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Mar 13, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Spray tans always worked for me. My best friend does it all the time and she doesn't look orange. The tanning bed should have a medium and dark level. My best friend uses a spray from Sallys Beauty Supply and she loves it.
    cissy17 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2007, 08:02 PM
    When my doctor showed me my face and the sun damage I've done so far under some weird blue light, I quickly stopped tanning (I was mainly a tanning bed girl because I can't stand laying still in the sun).

I did the Mystic Tan thing a few times, but if you don't find a really good salon that knows how to mix and maintain the booths, you can look Orange (and it can spray and spot you heavy in the area that the spray first hits you and that's UGLY)...

But, and hear me out on this :), try to find someone (and I know it sounds crazy) who does the spray tans for weightlifters. Yes, a person does spray you, but they custom mix the solution (which is a better grade solution than mystic) to your skin tone and if they really know what they're doing, they'll also use a rolling brush to smooth/blend on areas that don't generally tan or tan weird (armpits, ankles, etc). And it cost me the same as a Mystic.

My best friend found a great woman to 'spray' us for her wedding (and she was a BRIDEZILLA), and we all looked great - I came back from the wedding and my mother in law was confused because the wedding was in the midwest, but I looked like I had spent the week in the islands. It didn't orange, it didn't flake, it didn't wear off weird...

I'm trying to find a link for the 'network' of people who do this... I'll post it when I find it.
    olivia_7 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Personally I ithink spray tans make you look like an orange.you should just use the little cans of spray tan at like walmart or something... they work really good
    nicckidoodle Posts: 146, Reputation: 4

Apr 5, 2007, 10:37 AM
    I'd watch out getting a spray tan, I got one last summer and looked like a carrot, so I went to another place to see if they could fix it and they did but the spray blistered my skin, I won't ever go back to any spray tan place, and yes there are different levels of tan, but,no guarantees what it'll come out like, just be careful!
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 6, 2007, 09:52 PM
    How can a spray tan blister your skin?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Avoiding a tan [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys. Is there a way I can avoid getting a tan. I've started swimming and when I take off my swimming suit it loks lyk I'm still wearing it because my exposed skin has gotten darker. Lets be honest, sun blocks don't really work, they are made to protect from uv rays and stuff. Or is there...

Self-tanner/spray tan question [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to achieve the darkest tan possible without the sun by going to a Mystic Tan (spray-tan) booth. My question is: If I get sprayed one day and then go back and get sprayed the next day, will the tan be darker or just last one more day before it fades? Also, does anyone know of how to...

Fake tan [ 1 Answers ]

How can I make my fake tan go darker, I usually use a the joinsons holiday sun, then put fake tan over it, but it doesn't ever seem to go that dark? X

To tan or not to tan [ 3 Answers ]

I been having trouble with my daughter concerning her wish to use tanning beds. I have tried to convince her that it's not to her advantage, but being Irish her pale skin is a constant irratation. If anyone has any ideas I'd really be thankfull

Reduce Tan [ 2 Answers ]

I'm from the South Asian region, where it gets quite hot during summer. And I get tanned very easily even though I use sunscreen. I'd like to know any tips for reducing my tan and getting back my Fair & Lovely complexion. ;) Thanks!

View more questions Search