Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bectroy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Heat pump stuck in heat mode
    I have a heat pump that seems to be stuck in heat mode. When you try to turn the a/c on it runs heat. I got the a/c to run by cycling the power a couple of times but after having to use the heat again, it is stuck again. Could this be an electrical problem or is it probably the reversing valve?
    jake4 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Its hard to say, could be vavle. I would start at would contols the vavle, thermostat, control board, don't think zebras
    jake4 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 08:17 PM
    What controls the valve
    moncagua Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 01:59 PM
    I had this problem before it was a Trane heat pump and the only thing I did was turned power off on the defrost board and turned back on is still running and I haven't had any more problems
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 02:04 PM
    The reversing valve is 24 volts controlled by the thermostat and defrost control board. What brand A/C is this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whalen Heat Pump - no heat! [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a condo and have a Whalen Heat Pump. I changed the thermostat to a Noma digital programmable model (model # 52-255808) in the summer time. The A/C works well and the fan works well, but I did not test for heat as it was summer when I installed it. Well, now that the weather is...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Heat Pump - Emergency Heat [ 2 Answers ]

My heat pump keeps changing itself to the aux heat. Can you tell me why it is doing this and how I can prevent it from doing it.

Electric heat pump auxilery heat problem [ 4 Answers ]

Equipment: Trane XL1400 4 years old Auxilery heat: Strips... 2 -60Amp circuits Filters changed every 30 days I cleaned outdoor unit summer 2006, as every year. Thermostat: Honeywell Chromotherm II Problem: I have been noticing at times the aux heat kicking in at times I think it should not....

Heat pump vs electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a heat pump with a two stage thermostat, 1st stage is heat pump, 2nd stage is electric (resistance) heat. Is it ever more economical to run the furnace with resistance heat only, not the heat pump? I know that the outdoor temperature affects the ability of the heat pump to work, but is...

View more questions Search