Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TINA JOY Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 10:52 AM
    My five year old shih tsu has not been in season for two years
    My five year old shih tsu has not been in season for two years she is very well in her self is this a serious problem or is it something that happens?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2012, 07:30 PM
    This is something you will need to discuss with your vet. She could have hormone problems or she could be having silent seasons. Some b*tches will come into heat, be able to mate and produce puppies but show no outwards signs of being in season... It is not all that common but it is a possibility.

Has she been acting any differently since this started happening?
    TINA JOY Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 03:46 AM
    Thank you for your reply that is interesting to know that. She seems fine in every way eats well she has three walks a day and runs after her ball really fast loves to run with other dogs and sleeps well at night she is very loving and alert dog!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Housebreaking 2 year old shih tzu [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 2 year old male Shih-Tzu. From day 1 of having him (we got him 8 weeks old) we have consistently tried potty training him. He goes for 2 -20 minute walks about 30 minutes each after eating his breakfast and his dinner. Through out the day we let him out side to go to the bathroom at...

After 10 years, my female Shih Tzu started peeing on my couch. [ 1 Answers ]

She peed six times in 8 days. Two times, she did it 20 minutes after she had just been walked. She'll do it right next to me or my wife without hesitation. She had accidents before, but she would do it on the bathroom rug (out of view of anyone). She was never so casual about it, or would she have...

How to house train a 2 year old Shih Tzu [ 3 Answers ]

I just received a dog from a friend who did not walk the dog and let her pee and poop all over her house. I thought that just walking her twice a day would solve the potty problem but I've found that right after we have walked her she will poop in the house. We have limited her diet to dog food...

Shi Tsu [ 2 Answers ]

Hi . My dog is a brown shi tsu . Suddenly , he is of several years of age now , and blood is starting to appear in his ecretion . Please tell me what is wron with him , as I am worried .:eek:

View more questions Search