Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AelizabethS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 08:27 AM
    Considering breaking up with my boyfriend for college
    We have been dating for over a year, and we have been through a lot together. He is 22 and I am 18. He is ready to marry me and settle down, but I know I am way too young. He is insecure in our relationship, always saying how pretty I am and how I am too good for him.
    I am leaving for college this week where I will live 4 hours away while he stays in our hometown. I have always been a little bit of a drifter and value my freedom. I'm afraid of missing out on my college experience by being tied down with a clingy boyfriend.
    How can I break up with him without breaking his heart? I really care about him and want him to be happy, but not at the expense of my happiness. Please help me.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2012, 10:19 AM
    There is no way to break up with someone without breaking their heart if they are in love with you. But it is even worse for you to lead him on whenever you are wanting to enjoy your college experience. Tell him the truth, he is just going to have to understand. Which he will, and he will move on from this relationship eventually.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking up with a girlfriend before college? [ 4 Answers ]

So me and my girlfriend have been together for over two years. We've hit some speed bumps and been on and off (most of the time not by choice) for the past two years, and now after we just graduated from the same high school, we're about to head off to college. We were considered to be "high...

My boyfriend keeps breaking up with me? [ 4 Answers ]

He is really nice a stuff but he tells everyone he's going to break up with me. He told my sister and she told me. Last time we broke up he said it was because I wasn't acting like a girlfriend. Everyone says we are the perfect mach and I think so HELP!!

Breaking up before college [ 8 Answers ]

So first off, I love my boyfriend and he loves me back. We've never cheated or got into serious fights. We've been going out for a year now and were as happy as can be. But, next year (fall 2011) he will be going off to college (I will still be in high school) and we will probably break up. I agree...

My boyfriend keeps breaking up with me [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for over two years. He's exactly the type of man I always knew I would end up with - kind, respectful, considerate, loving. Unfortunately, he seems to believe that the way to fix the problems we have in our relationship is to break up with me to teach me a...

My boyfriend is thinking about breaking up with me [ 2 Answers ]

I lived with my boyfriend and his friend, his friend kicked me out, and it was so stupid why he did, it just didn't make sense at all. So my boyfriend went to Missouri for the weekend with his friend that he lives with and before he went things were perfect we weren't fighting or anything and then...

View more questions Search