Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bamper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 05:15 PM
    18 wheels of steel haulin and convoy, prism3d.
    I have both 18 wheels of steel convoy and haulin and when I go to open them when I click play the resolution kcks down to what the settings are set for then it kicks back up to my setting and say prism3d.exe has encounterd an error. I have done the following:
    1)Updated video card drivers
    2)updated directx
    3)uninstalled the game updated videocard drivers, restarted, reinstalled game.
    4)uninstalled the game updated directx, restarted, updated videocard drivers, restarted, installed game.
    All of the above and a few more posibilitys and all of them failed. I am running as follows:
    P4 1.4Ghz
    256 (RD) ram
    64MB radeon 7500 (AGP)
    Windows XP PRO
    40GB hard drive
    I have even gone thorugh the trouble of trying 2 other 32MB video cards. My last option if nobody has any sugestions is reinstall my O/S. Another thing I have tried is set my resolution to what I have set in the settings screen before the game plays to what I have my desktop set to. Also I have gone thorugh the first 10 pages of a Google search prism3d.exe error and have found nothing that has fixed this problem. ANY help is greatly apericated.
    mr_guy Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamper
    I have both 18 wheels of steel convoy and haulin and when i go to open them when i click play the resolution kcks down to what the settings are set for then it kicks back up to my setting and say prism3d.exe has encounterd an error. I have done the following:
    1)Updated video card drivers
    2)updated directx
    3)uninstalled the game updated videocard drivers, restarted, reinstalled game.
    4)uninstalled the game updated directx, restarted, updated videocard drivers, restarted, installed game.
    All of the above and a few more posibilitys and all of them failed. i am running as follows:
    P4 1.4Ghz
    256 (RD) ram
    64MB radeon 7500 (AGP)
    Windows XP PRO
    40GB hard drive
    I have even gone thorugh the trouble of trying 2 other 32MB video cards. My last option if nobody has any sugestions is reinstall my O/S. Another thing i have tried is set my resolution to what i have set in the settings screen befor the game plays to what i have my desktop set to. Also i have gone thorugh the first 10 pages of a google search prism3d.exe error and have found nothing that has fixed this problem. ANY help is greatly apericated.
    First of all, because of a separate software, you should never, NEVER, reinstall the OS. That will just add to your headaches when you find out that it still doesn't work.

Trust me, I have the Same problem, although my computer is running on slightly-higher credentials. I have reason to believe that it's the video card: yes, it's updated, but is it supported by the game? Mine isn't, and therefore, it gives me the same error message.

Recently I contacted ValuSoft, the software manufacturer, for Convoy, regarding this issue. They said to upgrade the drivers and whatnot.
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

May 11, 2007, 09:07 AM
    I've read a few threads and everyone one of them say upgrade the video card drivers.
    Catalyst® 6.11 Display Driver for Windows XP Professional/Home Edition for the radeon 7500 driver. If you have already installed THIS driver (saw you said you updated video card drivers) then there is nothing more I can help you with.

*EDIT* Hmm, on the radeon site where I found that Catalyst driver it says that it supports from the Radeon® X1950 series to the Radeon® 9500 series cards but this is what it suggests for the 7500 series too. If you have problems I suppose just revert to your old driver.
    cameron1331 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Just use lower settings I have the same problem (stupid computers)
    alfonso oyola Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Hola a mi me da el mismo mensaje yo tengo un tarjeta de video 3d y le instale mas memoria pero me segue saliendo el mensaje nesecito que me ayuden a resulver este problema el juego pide 1.4 ghz de memoria y yo tengo 1.8 ghz me dicen que se supone que corra el programa.
    greyfalcon2112 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 07:06 AM
    I am having gthe same problem with 18 WOS Convoy, Haulin' and American Long Haul. Valusoft Customer service is CRAP! SCS Software has not responded to me e-mails, and to let you know, I'm running an HP m7257c with a 3.2 GHZ Pentium 4, 4 GB of RAM and a 512MB ATI Radeon HD 2600XT. So price of system or quality installed components don't count for beans when we get stuck with junk software that the company won't support. Sorry I couldn't be of more help dude.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin [ 3 Answers ]

How do you hire drivers to make extra money?

18 wheels of Steel: Haulin Edits [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know how to add more trucks to the game 18 wheels of steel: Haulin

Prism3d.exe [ 0 Answers ]

I have been playing Hunting unlimited for few months and all of sudden error report keeps coming up prism3d.exe, of course not letting me play the game. I have unistalled it then installed it back on and same error message. I have done nothing new to my computer. I even down loaded directx 9. ...

Prism3d.exe [ 1 Answers ]

I am very disappointed that there has been no good answer in solving the prism3d.exe problem. It happens every time when starting Hunting Unlimited 3. What and where are the drivers to be installed? Where can they be found? What is the company's phone number for Hunting Unlimited 3? I would like to...

D'mazio wheels [ 5 Answers ]

I needed to know who makes a wheel that has the logo D'mazio on the rim they are chrome wheels, with VIA690KG 17X7 stamped on the back of the rim.

View more questions Search