Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olmando12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 06:41 AM
    I have a 1990 toyota celica with manual transmission.My car can
    My 1990 toyota celica won't shift in gear after I sart it.no matter How much I press the clutch pedal.If I start on gear , I can't shift to neutral. I change slave master clutch nothing. I don't see any leak around the clutch master cylinder. Please help..
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2012, 10:09 AM
    The slave mounted to the side of the transmission is one thing. Is that what you changed?
    And the clutch master cylinder mounted to the pedal is another thing. Did you change that too? Did you do both parts and bleed correctly? If not, go back and replace the master cylinder.
    If so, then I'd say there's a problem in the pressure plate, clutch disc, or transmission shift fork.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Either there's air in the system, or, more likely, the clutch is worn out. A new Perfection or LUK Clutch Set, which includes a new clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing, release bearing, spline grease, and alignment tool, costs around $115. They are not too difficult to install, provided you have the right tools.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1991 toyota carolla is leaking transmission fluid and thr car won't go into gear [ 2 Answers ]

My car is leaking trasmission fluild and won't go into drive .what is wrong with the car

My 1990 toyota camry (manual trans) dies while I am driving it. [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the wires, distributor cap, and rotor. Also put in a used distributor. Just stranded me again. What now?

Clutch use in manual transmission car [ 1 Answers ]

When I am driving on a busy city traffic slowly at about 15-20 kms/hr in 2nd gear and I realize I have to slow down / stop . I can take off my foot from accelerator, and 1. Fully press the clutch. As speed decreases, car will gradually stop (and I may apply break to bring is to complete rest...

Stalling car manual transmission [ 1 Answers ]

91 honda civic 164000 miles if the car stalls it won't start right away?

1990 toyota celica [ 1 Answers ]

Apparently they washed the motor and now the car won't start. I changed spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor. I have spark but I tested the injectors with the light tester and I have no signal on 2 cylinders. I'm not sure if maybe the distributor went bad. I also put some starting fluid in the breather....

View more questions Search