Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kameron_P Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 07:52 PM
    How do I change to what my girlfriend wants?
    My girlfriend of 4 years and I are arguing a LOT and more and more frequently become very narcissistic toward me. Always criticizing my work/ or lack of work around the house and that I play video games.

Last night she cut herself and said it was to " forget about me" and now I feel really guilty that I haven't been able to change the way I do things as its not good enough to her standards.

She does has have very violent tendencies and has attacked me in the past out of frustration and hurt herself in the process, she permanently damaged her knee when I pushed her away and feels really bad every time she steps just that little to hard and cringes in a surprise of pain.

I do love her and I try to tell her every night, and kiss her goodbye every morning when I leave for my 14 hour a day shift at work.

Please help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 07:55 PM
    She damaged her knee when YOU pushed her? It's time for couples counseling, if you want to keep her around. It sounds like work and video games are your life, and there's no room for her.
    Kameron_P Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    She damaged her knee when YOU pushed her? It's time for couples counseling, if you want to keep her around. It sounds like work and video games are your life, and there's no room for her.
    I play video games when she isn't at home, just to clarify.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kameron_P View Post
    i play video games when she isnt at home, just to clarify.
    No, you don't get it. When she isn't at home, you clean the bathroom, wash the dishes, do the laundry, wash the tile floors -- you know, stuff like that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 09:02 PM
    I agree with the couples counseling, as she has some anger management issues to be attended to. Is it your video game playing? I don't know, but she isn't happy. Does she work? How old is she?

Any kids? I would expect a higher level of communications for a 4 year relationship, and a higher level of commitment. Are you a lazy bu,or NOT? Or is she a control freak? What's the physical stuff about? That's totally unacceptable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I ask my girlfriend to change her personality? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been going out with her for almost 2 years. At first , we got great time together, but then the more we chat the more we fell that our thought don't match with each other. Despite of that, I still have strong feeling for her. Should I ask her to change some of her behavior that I don't...

Mtd change drive belt model # 13am673g022 how to change [ 0 Answers ]

How to change drive belt for lawn chief model# 13am673g022

My girlfriend change her mind so fast [ 19 Answers ]

Hi all, We been together 4.5 years in a distance relationship. We got engaged and we planned a wedding next year. I noticed lately she has been talking much about the distance and told her my plan was the original, me going there. Unfortunately when we had fights, I tended to break up with...

What is 'change agent' or 'change maker' or 'change' in Sanskrit? [ 1 Answers ]

What is 'change agent' or 'change maker' or 'change' in Sanskrit?

My girlfriend tries to change me. [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend want's to change the way I see the live, she's keep telling me that I don't relax, but I believe that is wrong because I see things in a most mature way, I think, All I want from my live is be in peace with all the people that are close to me. She is making exactly the opposite and is...

View more questions Search