Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamesk12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Condom Leaked?
    Hi all,

I'm worried and would really love some intelligent opinions.

My girlfriend and I had sex yesterday, 9 days after her last period started, with a condom. About 20 minutes into the session, I checked out the condom and noticed that a little bit of white fluid was squishing around the shaft, under the condom. I had not had an orgasm (I'm 32, and I tend to know these things), but guessed it was precum and immediately stopped. It could also have been lube, as the condoms are pre-lubricated internally, but I couldn't tell and wasn't going to take the chance as it looked like semen.

I was able to have a full orgasm afterwards, externally.

Now my paranoia is that we were having sex for quite a while with what might have been precum in the condom, towards the base-- where it MIGHT have seeped out?! I played around with a fresh condom from the same brand, and it did have a LITTLE white residue on the inside, but what I experienced was more and in all reality was likely precum mixed with lube.

Am I being insane? Often times with sex issues, paranoia and anxiety get the better of us. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to create a big scare and get her on Plan B if I'm just being stupid.

I have no real reason to suspect anything happened (no breaks, no ejaculation, no going flaccid inside), except for the white fluid around the base and the ease with which that could have come out the base.

Thanks in advance.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Well, it sounds like the two of you are being cautious and that is good. You should remember that no birth control method is 100% effect(minus abstinence) and there is always a chance. Pre- does have a small amount of sperm in it, so it is possible that she could be pregnant, if that was indeed what it was. It was also close enough to her POSSIBLE ovulation dates, that sperm could have survived long enough to impregnate her. Its possible, but its also possible that you have nothing to worry about. I am afraid there is no set way to tell you if she is or not, until she gets a positive test result.
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 6, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Good to know you are so responsible. As buggage says, it could go either way as it only takes one sperm to cause a pregnancy. But the only way you will know is if she is late for her period and gets a positive test result. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Damaged condom [ 13 Answers ]

In case condom is damaged while using and u suspect that siemeb may have gone into the womb, then what precaution should be taken to avoid pregnancy

Condom size [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone I do the best I can to try and practice safe sex if the opportunity ever presents itself but I have yet to find a condom that fits. I have used them all, the regular size and the small size and every single one just slips right off even when I'm erect. I don't even need to stretch...

The condom broke. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone. Last night me and my partner were having sex when the condom broke. Do you suggest I get the morning after pill? And if I do, I can't get it until tomorrow. Are there any other ways to prevent pregnancy? Also, I have a related question that I mght as well ask here too. I've...

PVC shower drain leaked after 8months of non use [ 3 Answers ]

One shower in our house had not been used in 8 months and when I took a five minute shower, had some minor dripping from the pvc drain pipe onto the unfinished laundry room directly below the drain. Do you think this is from unuse of the shower, expansion contraction, some combination thereof? ...

2nd floor bathroom leaked [ 1 Answers ]

I live on the 2nd floor apartment. We moved here about 4 months ago. About 3 weeks ago my children were taking a bath in the tub. My down stairs neighbor came to back door and said that here ceiling was leaking. When I went down stairs to check the ceiling was drenched with water. Now my...

View more questions Search