Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Williamsg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 08:53 AM
    I can hear my compressor humming but it won't kick on its Byrant
    My system is 12 years old
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Aug 4, 2012, 11:28 AM
    Run capacitor check first. Bulged or leaking goo?

Contactor burned up?

Is the condenser fan running OK?

Dual run cap or single? Even duals will have half fail i.e. compressor but the fan will still kick on..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have a humming/vibrating noise around the house, you can hear it mostly in the lau [ 0 Answers ]

We have a humming/vibrating noise around the house, you can hear it mostly in the laundry room. When we touch the wall directly behind the washer, we can feel the vibration. It has been happening for the last 2-3 weeks but it seems louder now. Today, we realized that when we turn on any faucet or...

When any water source turns on we hear a humming noise in the wall [ 1 Answers ]

It seems to be happening more often. It doesn't matter if it is the bath, shower, toilet flushing or washer. Where do I begin my quest to fix this?

My rheem A/C outside compressor is not coming on, I just hear a humming [ 0 Answers ]

My husband was cycling the circuit breakers for the first time, for some home maintenance, and now our a/c is not coming on. When I switch the circuit breaker I can see what looks like arcing taking place inside the circuit breaker panel sometimes when I try to recycle power to the a/c not sure...

Ac compressor humming [ 7 Answers ]

Our Ac Unit is not cooling and the compressor is making a soft humming noise. The fan is not turning on. At first we thought it was just BGE and their Peak Rewards "regulating" but now we are thinking maybe the AC is broken... any ideas? We have small kids...

View more questions Search