Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pargla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 08:17 AM
    Can my mother be my dependent for me to have my stay in the uk
    I come with a student visa and 26 years being hear for 6 year can my mother be my dependent she is a GB citizen. What steps do think I can take or what Can I do? And my application is still at the home office because I applied to renew my student visa. I really don't what to go through all this again.
    maddy6 Posts: 108, Reputation: 12

Aug 9, 2012, 09:34 PM
    Are you currently enrolled in SEVIS as a legal student? Your mother can only come on a B2 visa for pleasure. As a student you cannot petition for your mother to come as your dependent and stay for the same period as you, if you are a legitimate student. Do you have a current I20 AB from an authorized school?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I travel/Stay to uk without spouse as I am on dependent Tier 1visa [ 3 Answers ]

Hi , Is it Possible to Travel alone to UK for Tier 1 dependent when the main Visa holder is not in UK? If yes, then how long a dependent can stay alone?

Applying for dependent visa during my stay in Great Britain. [ 1 Answers ]

Respected sir/madam, It is most respectfully stated that, I have a general querry regarding about applying for dependent visa while staying in u.k, Sir/madam, I just recently got married in u.k and my wife is also got the student visa from her back home country and she is curruntly studying in...

Claiming my mother as a dependent [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondering if my mother lives with me 6 months out of the year to provide care for my children, can I claim her as a dependent? I provide food, shelter, vehicle,etc. She works part time as a hair dresser and has a small income, does this matter?

Mother as a dependent on Social Security [ 2 Answers ]

Mother: My daughter filed me as a dependent on her income tax return 2007. She called IRS and the representative said that she could put me on her tax rebate. When they sent her rebate this morning she only received $900 instead of the full $1200. I am 68 years and I am on Social Security. I would...

Alien Mother-In-Law Valid Dependent? [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to determine whether I can claim my Mother In Law on my taxes as a dependent. She is from Korea, moved here 3 years ago and stated the long process of becoming a resident alien (hopefully a citizen). She lived with us for the entire (2007) year. She had no income. The sticking point...

View more questions Search