Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fritz2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 07:46 AM
    How do you replace an Amana furnace blower motor?
    This is a very basic question. We have a GUCA090AX40 Amana Furnace and the blower motor seized up. It looks like the blower assembly should just pull out. There are no screws that I can see holding it in place. I don't want to force it out and damage anything. Is there a screw or retainer clip I'm missing?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Usually there is one or two small sheet metal screws at the slid in top bracket or on the slide rails. Some units might be different.
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Aug 4, 2012, 11:54 AM
    Often there is a hex screw hiding in the back and you need an inspection mirror to see it. A flexible head to get it out will save you a trip to you chiropractor afterward.

If you can confirm all are out like hvac1000 said it should slide out real nice just unload the weight of it as you slide it.
    Dave Bowes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2013, 07:33 PM
    On this model there are 2 hex head sheet metal type of screws at the front top of the blower unit. Take these out and the blower unit will slide out.
    But first you have to remove the sensor that prevents the blower unit from sliding out. It pulls down and slides to the right. Then the bracket slides off to the left. Disconnect the cables that are plugged into the control module and the blower unit will slide out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor on an Amana heating and cooling unit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a amana heating and cooling unit the problem with the ac is the blower will not kick on I mean it does every now and then but won't stay on the heater is the same problem but around the furnace part you can hear a buzzing sound but it goes off for a while I would really appreciate any help...

How to replace a blower motor on a Heil furnace? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a model NTG3075FBA5 Heil gas furnace, approximately 10 years old. The blower motor has begun to intermittently make squealing noises and I suspect the motor bearings are about to fail. I have located a source for the proper 1/3 HP motor foir just under $100. The problem is I do not see...

I replace the blower motor for a furnace.now won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I replace a blower motor for a furnace that is about 30 years old... now it won't shut off.. the colors of the new motor are different the old motor... maybe I rewired wrong?? please help

Heat goes on but no blower motor amana package unit [ 1 Answers ]

Heat goes on but the blower motor won't run on an amana package unit

Old Amana furnace needs new blower [ 7 Answers ]

Happy to be here. Two part question- I own an old Amana "Air Command" gas fired forced hot hir furnace. Model # GHE140DJ-4. It's circa 1979. Blower is 2-speed, capacity is listed @ 112000 BTU /hr. The fan would not come on during auto, but I managed to make it spin under "on" position by spinning...

View more questions Search