Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adrianne45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Wrong father on child's birth certificate
    My daughters birth certificate is incorrect. While stationed in the military at Fort Jackson S.C. I had my daughter. The wrong father is listed on her birth certificate. While living in South Carolina I was told that I needed a lawyer to fix the problem. I never had the money to correct the problem and I am finally able to do so. I currently live in San Antonio Texas. Can I use a lawyer in San Antonio to help me fix this problem or do I need to locate a lawyer in Columbia South Carolina
    sudocat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 03:03 PM
    I feel like we're missing another dimension to your story here...

My girlfriend and I will be having the same problem soon (we are having a baby!). Her ex-husband's last name will appear on the baby's birth certificate and we don't like this. It should cost no more than $1500 to get it fixed. And as far as I know, you can seek a lawyer who is practicing wherever you live now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No father listed on birth certificate how can husband adopt [ 15 Answers ]

I live in KS. I don't know who my baby's biological father is, how can my husband adopt? There is no fater listed on the birth certificate. And what if someone later in life were to question if they were the father what would happen then?

Rights of a father not listed on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Louisiana and am pregnant with my first child. The father of the baby has expressed no interest in the baby and will not be listed on the birth certificate. What rights, if any will he have even if he isn't listed on the birth certificate?

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

As an adult is there any way to get your parents names off your birth certificate? Can that area of the birth certificate be blank?

My child's father will not stop going back to crack [ 4 Answers ]

Now what? I have a multi faceted quandry on my hands. I have to have compassion right? I mean I am a recovering addict too! Something to the tune of 2 years under my belt free and clear of my Drug of choice.. heroin. We have a beautiful 9 month old babygirl! He speaks program and can even live...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search