Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corrie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 02:31 PM
    How do I not act so awkward?
    Hi everyone,

I have been doing this self development course over the past few weeks and during that time I met someone who happened to sit beside me over a meal. We did the small talk and why we were doing the course. I told him because I had started a new job and moved over from another country etc and thought it might have been helpful but besides this my company paid for it. We ended up talking about relationships and out of the blue we just connected, it was like I met this guy who really understood where I was coming from because his past relationship ended the same way. His had been over for the past 8 months and mine 4 months. I just thought wow it was like speaking to someone that I knew for months. There was also a feeling of an attraction between us, so much so that it is awkward now when we meet at our weekly class, that we cannot look each other in the eye which is so embarrassing. As I was leaving the course the other evening I briefly said hi to him and that was it because he was talking to others. I have to be honest and say that yes I am very attracted to him and would love to get speaking to him again and see what happens. We discovered during our first chat that we are the same age and that we have the same dates of birth, that must sound strange to all of you to hear that I found this sort of info so early on but that was it. How do I get over this awkward feeling and just act normal? Please advise as I do not want to come across foolish. We are both in our early thirties.

Many thanks, Corrie
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 12:52 AM
    If you can act like you'll never with him. Truth is you may not but if you can act like it now that will help you calm nerves and look at him as more of a person instead of a interest. The more you can communicate like that it will help you to open up and also help him to open up and thus give both of you something to talk about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Would You Act? [ 9 Answers ]

Everyone here knows how confusing relationships and breaking up can be. I am really in love with this guy. I broke up with him 4 months ago, due to the distance between us.. In 4 weeks or less Ill see him again cause Im going to study in his country.. He's going to pick me up at the airport...

Awkward Gurgling Squeaking Noise [ 2 Answers ]

Every so often in the wall nearby the electrical control unit for the HVAC system, I am recently hearing a gurgling dripping noise and a squeaky flapping noise if you can understand what I mean by that. We did have a problem where we had to replace a pipe for the AC system however, I don't know if...

What should I do? How should I act? [ 21 Answers ]

Hello, all. I am new here and I hope to get some insight from you all about my situation. It might be kind of long, so please bear with me! I have a good online friend who I have been chatting online/emailing with for 5 years or so. Over the years, we've talked a lot about each other,...

It's going to be awkward... [ 6 Answers ]

My long life mate Ames who I have known and been good friends with since I was 3yrs old is getting married in May. I am attending the whole day and DJing for her in the evening. I am really excited apart from a couple of factors. My ex Friend Kristal who slept with my ex boyfriend behind my...

View more questions Search