Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 03:11 PM
    My husband is 5'10" and sees only what is at eye level, even though he is very cheap oooops thrifty. Aldi is his favorite store.
    maddy6 Posts: 108, Reputation: 12

Aug 5, 2012, 04:25 PM
    [QUOTE=Fr_Chuck;3224260]

I feed my family of 3 on about 120 dollars a month and believe me I eat well.

Can you give me some tips on this food bill thing because that is amazing! We have double the people in my house, all growing young men who work out and EAT, and can be picky :-/ but STILL our food bill kills us!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2012, 04:40 PM
    [QUOTE=maddy6;3224449]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post

I feed my family of 3 on about 120 dollars a month and believe me I eat well.

Can you give me some tips on this food bill thing because that is amazing!! We have double the people in my house, all growing young men who work out and EAT, and can be picky :-/ but STILL our food bill kills us!

I swear between me and the two dogs I spend more than this.

FrChuck (or Mr.Toni, whichever you prefer) - how about some tips?
    maddy6 Posts: 108, Reputation: 12

Aug 5, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I was vegetarian for years, but tomato sandwiches were also cheap. Anyone else eat tomato sandwiches?

I also remember buying a jar of "meat" spaghetti sauce, a pound of pasta - and that was dinner until it ran out.

Oh, gosh - I have no idea why I don't have rickets.
    Was vegetarian a few years myself :-) and YES I love tomato sandwiches and sometimes forego the carbs from the bread and just eat the tomatoe or 2 with salt & pepper :-)

Which BTW... to the original poster - fresh tomato plants can be grown even in a planter :-) minimal cost involved :-)
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2012, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maddy6 View Post
    Was vegetarian a few years myself :-) and YES I love tomato sandwiches and sometimes forego the carbs from the bread and just eat the tomatoe or 2 with salt & pepper :-)

Which BTW....to the original poster - fresh tomato plants can be grown even in a planter :-) minimal cost involved :-)
    In my neighborhood around this time of year people are handing out, giving out vegetables. I grew zucchini one year, had a zillion of them (more or less), people started avoiding me for fear I'd pass some off on them.

I also took another look at OP's photo. I realize she hasn't been back, but she does NOT look severely overweight to me. Wonder if it's more about depression over her lack of funds.

Wish she would come back -
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 05:07 PM
    I also took another look at OP's photo
    Where?
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2012, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Where?

Profile photo -
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 05:46 PM
    Thanks. (I'm new here.) She's cute!
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2012, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Thanks. (I'm new here.) She's cute!

New compared to - dinosaurs? <running for my very life>
    BethVader Posts: 92, Reputation: 9

Aug 6, 2012, 04:13 PM
    I'm sorry but in my area the perimeter is NOT the deli, etc. The "perimeter" is the "special items" which are not so special after all.

I am not "attempting" to descredit you. We are posting on the same threads and have very different opinons on everything from foot fetishes to seducing men to grocery stores. I notice I am not alone in disagreeing with some of what you have posted. This is particularly humorous because at least on this thread I posted first and then you posted.

Did I mention that my husband owned stores?
    Again, you are describing a pharmacy, NOT a grocery store. In most normal stores,
    The Deli is included in the perimeter.
    *Being married to successful person, do not make you a successful person, fyi.
    People are judged by their own abilities & accomplishments in life.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BethVader View Post
    Again, you are describing a pharmacy, NOT a grocery store. In most normal stores,
    the Deli is included in the perimeter.
    *Being married to successful person, do not make you a successful person, fyi.
    People are judged by their own abilities & accomplishments in life.

You are very much out of line - your backhanded swipe at my abilities and accomplishments is totally unnecessary and unfounded.

"Normal" stores? You are the new standard for "normal"?

So we disagreed on whether it's appropriate to advise someone how to seduce her boyfriend. Does this mean I spend the rest of my tenure here having to deal with your sarcasm?

Where did I say we "only" owned a Pharmacy - or two?

FYI - my husband is deceased. I'm not riding on his coat tails.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Depressed, Overweight, and Sickness [ 4 Answers ]

I truly don't know where to begin. And, this will be kindof long. But, here goes. Back when I was 14(I'm 44 now), my older sister abandoned her three children(all of them under school-age). At the time their father did not have custody... the three children lived with 'Jean', who lived with my...

Overweight depressed [ 6 Answers ]

What the F?? That girl gem seems to really have it bad! She makes it hard for me to feel sorry for myself! I have been depressed for a long time. I have a lot going for me but yet I have so little. I just keep getting fatter and people who know me just keep putting me down. I don't know what to do....

Overweight, depressed, lonely. [ 63 Answers ]

I am a single woman and am suffering a lot lately due to poor decisions I've made. I'm in a job I hate. My parents are elderly and sick. I'm 5'3" and almost 260 pounds. I eat constantly. I sleep after work until night time, then I wake up and eat. I call phone sex lines to talk to men. I've...

Depressed and Overweight (20lbs) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am senior in college and will be completing my BS this upcoming Spring 2008. I took pride in my outgoing and social attitude. I was easy going and not only the center of attention but likeable and fun. Recently, I have been dealing with a lot (school is just one of them) I think I...

View more questions Search