Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2012, 07:23 AM
    Telemarketing Intentions
    Many of my neighbors receive calls from someone that never answers.
    A lot of the calls have been traced to telemarketers. I know the persons get paid by the call. But what does the company get out of this nonsense and irritating practice if they do not promote their produce. Beats me?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2012, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pastor1189 View Post
    Many of my neighbors receive calls from someone that never answers.
    A lot of the calls have been traced to telemarketers. I know the persons get paid by the call. But what does the company get out of this nonsense and irritating practice if they do not promote their produce. Beats me?

The machine making the calls dials multiple numbers at the same time - if someone answers and ties up a real live person the other calls which are picked up go unanswered.

Apparently enough people pick up and fall for the scam that it's worth the money to the telemarketers.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2012, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    The machine making the calls dials multiple numbers at the same time - if someone answers and ties up a real live person the other calls which are picked up go unanswered.

Apparently enough people pick up and fall for the scam that it's worth the money to the telemarketers.
    Very Good. Of the fifty calls in the neighborhood.No one every responded
    With a live person. Just a dead line. Thanks Again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How does at home telemarketing work? [ 1 Answers ]

I was just hired by a company to be an 'independant contractor', telemarketing from home. Do I need to make a business now and get a business licence? I want to do things legally but I don't know how this works as I've only worked in call centres before. I'm in Canada.

Telemarketing Fraud? [ 9 Answers ]

OK, so I can admit it... I was duped by telemarketing fraud. It was a "community reading group" NOT! Since then, they have changed their name to, Mailbox Magazines. I quickly discovered it was fraud shortly after when I had to leave endless messages on an answering machine that no one returns...

Telemarketing [ 2 Answers ]

From a call center in India, can we call all the states in USA? If not, how does one get the licence, how much time it takes and what is the cost involved. Regards

E-mailing vs. Telemarketing [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, as some of you already may know, I am in ISP sales, here is my website: Rock River Internet: Best Local Internet Service Provider - ISP - Rockford, Illinois and I have a pretty good contact list, our primary business is local businesses and I have found that it is very hard to get the...

View more questions Search