Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    septic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2012, 06:18 AM
    Loud Bang Noise from Septic Pump
    We have a basement bathroom and a septic pump. When the pump discharges you can hear the water flowing through the pipes and then a very loud bang noise follows. What is causing this? How can we resolve this problem? Please help.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 3, 2012, 08:11 AM
    The noise you hear iud most likely the check valve closing. Now that I've explained it does it make the sound more bearable? Good luck, Tom
    septic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2012, 08:24 AM
    What can we do to get rid of the noise?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace pipes make loud bang noise when heat goes on [ 0 Answers ]

When heat goes on our pipes make a large loud bang --have gas heat with radiators system was replaced about 7 years ago

Why is my heat pump noise making a loud noise? [ 4 Answers ]

This morning my heat pump sounded like a lawn mower running. It's coming from the outside and it was loud enough for me to think someone had generator running in my back yard.

Heat pump making loud noise [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Trane heat pump heating and cooling system. In winter when the tempreture is below 32F, the out side unit is making loud noise, very loud humming sound. That loud that bothers my neighbors. When I pure hot water on the out side unit and water gets into the fan and other parts the loud...

Heat pump loud humming noise outside [ 2 Answers ]

3-1/2 ton Lennox HPXA15 heat pump making loud humming noise. Unit is cooling but has started making a louder than normal humming noise on the outside unit. Fan seems to be running slower than normal.

Ejection pump makes a loud noise when it ejects [ 1 Answers ]

When the ejection pump is ejecting water/waste from the pit, it makes a loud clunking noise upon completion of pump cycle. Could there be air in the line or is there something else.

View more questions Search