Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KrackerSnacker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 11:15 PM
    Hair follicle test help!
    I just recently smoked weed. I've smoked about 4-5 times in the last 2 months. Each time was one session per every Saturday at the beginning of the 2 months, last time was 3 weeks ago. Each session was 3-4 hits.. I have never smoked before this, and decided to quit for fear of random drug tests (urine). Now I am applying for a new job, and they test hair follicle.. Is it likely I'll pass? Will "shampoos" increase my odds of passing?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KrackerSnacker View Post
    I just recently smoked weed. I've smoked about 4-5 times in the last 2 months. Each time was one session per every Saturday at the beginning of the 2 months, last time was 3 weeks ago. Each session was 3-4 hits.. I have never smoked before this, and decided to quit for fear of random drug tests (urine). Now I am applying for a new job, and they test hair follicle.. Is it likely I'll pass? Will "shampoos" increase my odds of passing?
    Infrequent use of cannabis is unlikely to be detected in a hair drug test (HDT). ".. hair testing is unlikely to be positive for marijuana until the tested student has used marijuana at a rate of about twice a week in the prior 90 days..." (DuPont 2008)

This is a consistent finding in the research. “Basic drugs such as cocaine and methamphetamine concentrate in hair due to ionic bonding to melanin, the pigment in hair that determines hair color. The more neutral and lipophilic THC is not strongly bound to melanin, resulting in much lower concentrations of THC in hair as compared to other drugs of abuse. (Huestis)

Have never looked into the various shampoos.

Ref:
    Marilyn A. Huestis (2007) Human Cannabinoid Pharmacokinetics. Chem Biodivers. 2007 August; 4(8): 1770–1804. Sec 3.5

DuPont 2008, Random Student Drug Tests Are They Effective for Identifying Occasional Drug Users? p. 8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle test [ 5 Answers ]

Hair follicle test- I am currently trying to get another job and ii know they give hair follicle tests. I probably won't have to take the test for another two to three weeks. About three weeks ago I smoked marijuana with a friend. Just took a couple of pulls off a one-hitter. That is it. I...

Hair follicle test for little use [ 2 Answers ]

I'm so worried about the hair follicle test I just took. I went in thinking it was a urine test, which I would have passed easily, but it ended up being a hair follicle test. They cut a ton of my hair off & I just smoked marijuana exactly 2 weeks ago, then 1 other time about 3 weeks ago, & another...

Hair follicle test [ 1 Answers ]

Could any of these drug alter a hair folicle drug test to look like methanphetamine 1. methylpred 4mg 2. methocarbam750mg 3. methylpredinsolone 4. fentanyl patch 50 mg. 5 .oxycodone 30mg 6. temazepam15 mg

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I hit a joint two months ago I rareley smoke I have a hair follicle test this week I drink cranberry juice and water heavy everyday could I pass?

Hair follicle test [ 1 Answers ]

If your hair has been chemically treated,can this affect a hair follicle drug test?

View more questions Search