Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjl1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 01:07 PM
    History about niagra
    Can anyone tell me how niagra falls was created and how did niagra falls use to be in the UDA
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 01:11 PM
    ??

It's a waterfall, it wasn't built... it exists. It's a natural formation. What is UDA?

Edit: Do you mean USA? It has always been a natural border between Canada and the USA if that is what you meant.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 01:17 PM
    If you are referring to how it was formed by nature someone already gave you the link to the wikipedia entry and this explains how it was created by glaciers about 10,000 years ago.

Mar 5, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Thanks for the answer about the creation of niagra falls, but the one about UDA the quwstion she has is this... explain how the niagra falls use to be in the UDA? Sorry that is question she has thanks once again.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Might be a typo (USA)? I can't find anything relating Niagara Falls with anything called UDA. I'll leave this to someone else as I have no idea or let us know if you can provide more info.

Mar 5, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Well the qwestion I had was explain haw why the niagra falls used to be in the uda that's what I had 4 my geography home work
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Borders were different 200 years ago, owing the french and english fighting over the land. This is probably why Niagara Falls was within the US borders at the time.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Here is my guess...

The question is off a homework assignment and the teacher had a typo that she did not catch.

Part of Niagara Falls is in the USA. That portion is called the Horseshoe Falls. However, the vast majority, of this wonder of the world, is in Canada.

Sorry... typo that she or he did not catch
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 09:05 AM
    If this is the case, during the war of 1812 the USA invaded the Canadian City Niagara Falls, Ontario and for a few months controlled both sides of the falls, so technically during 1812 Niagara Falls, the waterfall was in US territory only, then the border went back to normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

History [ 1 Answers ]

Describe Agricultural Changes In The South As A Result Of Inventions

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

History of niagra falls [ 2 Answers ]

Please I have 2 questions can anyone tell me how niagra falls was created and the second one is how did niagra falls use to be in UDA?

History [ 2 Answers ]

You know the thing that comes down when you type a letter in the Google or any other thing, like you type 't' and you see the column coming down that shows everything you have searched that started with that leeter, what is that called. How do you earse that? I know what your thinking, and no I...

History! [ 3 Answers ]

Ananda Pillai's description of the Christian's dinner party pointed to which wrongdoing of the host? A - He tried to convert guests to Christianity. B - He served European food only. C - He invited members of other religions although he was a convert. D - He invited members of all levels of...

View more questions Search