Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannonolivia85 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 05:39 PM
    2004 Cal Spa 5000 turning itself off during heat up
    I just bought a 2004 Cal Spa 5000 used. We had it wired by an electrician, filled it up, released air from valves, and then turned it on. It made a humming noise and the jets turned on when we pressed the jets button. The temperature said 69 degrees. After less than a minute, the jets turned off and the heat light turned off. It still said 69 degrees. It did this a few times, working for about 30 seconds then turning off for 3-4 minutes. The pump itself is quite hot to the touch when the jets are on. Also, there are two pumps. One is big and looks like you would expect, then there is this small thing that doesn't look like a pump to me, but is hooked up like one. When the jets are running this small pump made a squealing noise a few times, and we noticed a funny odor, almost fishy. So, we unplugged the second pump but the first issue is still happening. So confused!! And after spending so much for the unit, the boomtruck, delivery, and electrician, we are broke :( Please help!!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2012, 08:25 AM
    If it has 1 pipe plumbed to it it may be a blower, can you send a photo?
    Try without the blower, and try without heat, what happens?

Aug 4, 2012, 08:43 AM
    I am not sure what the smaller thing is, we unplugged it and half of the jets turn on with it unplugged yet it still does the same thing. It will run for about a minute then the jets will stop. The heat light only comes on when the jets are on.
    I took pictures but I am not sure how to send them to you?
    P.S. Thanks so much for replying!

Aug 4, 2012, 08:45 AM
    Here are the pictures! The small thing we tried unplugging is to the right of the motor.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cal Spa not heating [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I have a Cal Spa. I do not know the model though, but we have had it since 1999. Recently the hot tub has not been heating up. The pump will run, but the heater will not turn on. The heating light on the digital screen is not on even though I adjust the temperature. I have been looking up...

My cal spa [ 0 Answers ]

Hello ew have a CAL SPA (don't know the model #)from around 2004. It stopped heating, so we went to a spa repair shop and they sold us a new heating element and a little switch of some sort on top of the heating element with 2 wire connections. I removed all the old parts and replaced them with...

Cal spa whisper 5000 heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a calspa with a whisper 5000 it will not heat up past 89 is there two stages of the heater and one is out I have 124 volts to each lug to the heater any advice would be great thanks

I have a 2003 cal spa with no heat. It is a 5000 series controller with an xl heater. [ 4 Answers ]

I have 120 volts at both lugs of the heater. Should I assume the element is bad? It is supposed to have a lifetime warranty but I have read bad things about cal spas service. Anybody have any ideas?

Cal spa 5000 heater not working? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Cal Spa 5000 and it was manufactured in 2003. It will not heat up and the jets are running with the thermos stat set to 100 degrees . I have turned the power on and off but still have no heat. Thanks

View more questions Search