Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miguel5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Is a Jeep Good?
    Ok I am turning 16 and I would like to know a few ?'s about a Jeep Rubicon before I buy it.

If you take the doors off will the side mirrors still be there on the jeep itself ?

If I buy a hard top will I be able to replace it with a soft, lets say during the summer?

Is there a such thing as a Automatic Jeep 2006 Rubicon ? ( Ive only seen Standard)

Can I put a hard top on a half door Jeep?

Lets say I am on a sharp curve, driving the speed limit but there's a big puddle, If I slam on brakes, I won't flip will I ?
    giantkiller28 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 06:58 PM
    This is not a safe vehicle for a first time driver. Maybe a Jetta, something with a good crashtest rating,, sorry, just my 2cents worth.
    1992DodgeSpirit Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2007, 01:11 AM
    Jeeps are OK vehicles, but your young... get something like an Eclipse, Cavalier, but don't go and drive fast though, leave that up to me :D if your into 4 door vehicles then the Jetta or Lancer are pretty nice cars, it just depends on the taste you have for vehicles, get something nice, with low miles that you know you'll love and be satisfied with. In my opinion I wouldn't take a Jeep if you gave it to me... Chevy makes a hardtop truck that turns into a convertible, maybe you might like that since you want a hard top for winter and convertible for summer
    KatieKat Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 04:46 AM
    I think jeep is okay for a beginner. If you like offroad trips, it is a nice choice. Last autumn I change to bestop hard top and bought some more accessories for the weather. Have fun driving!
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Hi,
    Now this is a real car dealers question, LOL. First: the any jeep that has removable doors, the mirrors stay on they are mounted on the pillar not the doors. Second: they are available in automatic. Third: ALL JEEPS ARE PRONE TO FLIPPING ! Fourth: jeeps are not good on gas no matter what we dealers say. Fifth: they sell aftermarket soft tops for all jeeps even the rubi. And last but not least. You can put a half top or bikini top on a full or half door jeep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

88 Jeep Cherokee Transmission [ 2 Answers ]

My son has an 88 Jeep Cherokee, Automatic 4X4. The reverse just went out in it. Goes in to drive OK, but nothing in reverse, I assume it's the transmission. My question is how safe is it for him to drive until he can get it fixed? I believe all the parts inside the transmission are different...

View more questions Search