Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajhundley Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 11:05 AM
    Concrete driveway has grey spots??
    My driveyway and patio is about 1 year old and has grey spots. It almost looks wet is some places but its not wet. There is also small holes maybe sizes of dimes in different spots to. That looks like rocks might have popped out of them. I want to contact the builder but would like some info before I do so they don't feed me some BS.
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

Aug 2, 2012, 11:44 AM
    Hi I'm a Civil Engineer and without seeing it I would say that there was no damp proofing or geo mat put down before the concrete was placed, therefore water is starting to seep through the concrete as it is pourous. It could also be that the concrete was not vibrated therefore caused holes or the concrete was to wet when placed. Also aggregate (rocks) "poppng out" means the aggregate used was too big for the purpose. Is it beginning to crack?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete driveway has spots that are a dark shade of grey. [ 0 Answers ]

My driveway and patio have small dime size holes and it looks dark grey in some spots. Can someone tell me why so when I talk to the builder I sound like I know what I am talking about.

Concrete Driveway Pitting [ 17 Answers ]

I have a similar question to StaceyH on Feb. 15th, 2008. My driveway was poured on the 1st of Nov. 2008. There was a warm spell of weather for almost 1 week. However, it then turned very cold and wet for the rest of Nov. and Dec. I just moved in the house Feb. 21st. As I was cleaning up items...

Can you reliably pour a new concrete driveway over an old concrete driveway? [ 2 Answers ]

The city came through a neighborhood that I have a rental on and elevated the road about 10 inches and installed new city sidewalks also 10 inches higher and poured a cheap asphalt ramp to the older cracked but functional driveway. In my mind I want to rip out the asphalt ramp, place some forms,...

Concrete driveway falling apart. Is there something that can be poured over concrete [ 2 Answers ]

My drive way is about 25 years old, Its breaking up into rocks that were used in the mix. I have large pot holes. I don't have the money to break up and replace at this time. Is there any thing on the market that I can put on top of it.

My paving stones have become spattered with grey spots (like bird droppings) what are [ 1 Answers ]

My paving stones and block paviours have become spattered in grey spots {like bird droppings}what are they and can they be removed?

View more questions Search