Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maddy6 Posts: 108, Reputation: 12

Aug 2, 2012, 03:53 AM
    Itching spot on dog
    Our small terrier mix breed has recently started itching, scratching, and biting at a spot on his backside above his tail. I noticed it immediately when it began about 2 weeks ago. At first it was minor, but has progressed. In the beginning I checked for possible fleas and we bathed him etc. There are NO fleas. We went to Pet Smart last night and looked at the various products. The manager suggested a spray which had hydrocortisone in it. There was also another product that talked about "hot spots," and described what he had. The manager said he liked the product he suggested better because of the hydrocortisone. We sprayed the area last night and he seemed to get some relief. We are waiting to see what happens today. Can you give me any suggestions, or what this problem could be? Thanks :-)

Check out some similar questions!

Dog sneezing and itching? [ 1 Answers ]

4yr female pug/chihuhua, symptoms itching lower back and legs also snezzing but no running nose .hair were she itches is bald. What could be?

Why does my dog poop in the house at night in the same spot? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a chocolate lab. We've had him since he was 6 months and he is now a little over two years. He eats at 3 pm everyday and can go outside whenever he wants. He is potty trained to go OUTSIDE, but lately he has been pooping in the same spot at night. Why is he doing this?

A guest puppy pooped in our house, now our dog is pooping in the same spot [ 14 Answers ]

Yesterday, friends brought their puppy to our house. While we took a short day trip the 10 month old puppy got out of the kitchen by chewing through his fence and then pooped all over the upstairs. :mad: So what do you think our dog did today to reclaim her territory? Pooped in all of the same...

My dog is always itching near his back paw [ 1 Answers ]

Hi please help me I have a 2 year old dog who is on advantage so he cannot have flees. He is always itching in the same place near his private and back of his front paw. I have look over his skin he has no rashes no black marks he is not losing any fur. I have given him a bath and it hasn't stopped...

Dog sneezing and itching a lot [ 7 Answers ]

My 4 1/2 month old golden-poodle mix has been sneezing a lot and scratches at his face/ eyes. He now has reddish rings around the outside of his eyes. Could this be an allergy to something? I asked the Vet the last time we were in and he didn't think it was anything. Also, please note, my dog...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.