Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tgyellow Posts: 15, Reputation: -6

Aug 1, 2012, 11:22 PM
    Teen pregnancy
    Hi

{Mod Note The OP originally posted a question about whether the parents of his 16 yr girl friend who he got pregnant, could keep her from seeing him. When the OP didn't get answers that he liked he edited the post to remove the original text and replace it with "hi"}
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:27 PM
    Yes, they can since the pregnant teen is not yet considered a legal adult. This happens at the age of 18.

Aug 1, 2012, 11:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Yes, they can since the pregnant teen is not yet considered a legal adult. This happens at the age of 18.
    What about in the state of Kansas? Because that is where she lives, but I live in Missouri.
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:34 PM
    The legal age of adulthood is 18 in every state of the US. So it doesn't matter who is in Kansas and who is in Missouri. If she is under 18, her parents have control of her.

Aug 1, 2012, 11:36 PM
    Okay, thank you.
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:37 PM
    Now, once the baby is born, they cannot keep you from your child.

Aug 1, 2012, 11:39 PM
    But couldn't her parents place a restraining order or something on me like that from my child?
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:40 PM
    First, I would recommend that you find out if there is a Putative Father Registry in your state and sign up for that if there is. Then I would demand a paternity test as she will, most likely, be filing for child support.

Aug 1, 2012, 11:45 PM
    What if I know for a fact that I am the father of the child though? Should I still do those things you suggested?
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyellow View Post
    What if i know for a fact that i am the father of the child though? Should i still do those things you suggested?
    How do you know for a fact? Either way, yes, you should do the things I suggested.
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:51 PM
    I have to add that you are very lucky that the age of consent in Kansas is indeed 16. So they can't prosecute you for statutory rape unless they can prove that you had sex with their daughter when she was 15. IF that happened, and they can prove it, you may be given the label of a sex offender.

Aug 1, 2012, 11:51 PM
    How do you know for a fact? Either way, yes, you should do the things I suggested.
    Because I know her friends and famailly would tell me if she was cheating and I have password to everything and I trust her, I have Never caught her cheating and I keep a very close eye on her all the time, and okay.
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:52 PM
    Because i know her friends and famailly would tell me if she was cheating and i have password to everything and i trust her, i have Never caught her cheating and i keep a very close eye on her all the time, and okay.
    Sounds like you are very controlling.

Aug 1, 2012, 11:56 PM
    Not trying to be rude but that is not for you to judge, I asked a question and I just simply need a few good reliable answers. I'm not here to make friends, I have enough of those already...
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:58 PM
    I'm not judging, I'm telling you facts.
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:58 PM
    Not trying to be rude but that is not for you to judge, I asked a question and I just simply need a few good reliable answers. I'm not here to make friends, I have enough of those already...
    I don't need friends either. Actually, I'm probably older than your own mother and have twice the experience.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 12:00 AM
    This response alone tells us adults how controlling you really are.

Aug 2, 2012, 12:01 AM
    I don't need friends either. Actually, I'm probably older than your own mother and have twice the experience.
    LOL considering my mother is a prostitute and my dad is a recovering meth addict, and I live with my grandparetns, I thank you for your "kindness"
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 12:04 AM
    You are very welcome. It appears that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Now I understand why her parents want to keep you away from her.

Aug 2, 2012, 12:05 AM
    LOL considering my mother is a prostitute and my dad is a recovering meth addict, and i live with my grandparetns, i thank you for your "kindness"
    And your also getting off subject and JUDGING on how controlling I supposebly am. My question has nothing to do with how controlling I am. Does it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please help me with teen pregnancy. [ 1 Answers ]

I am 17 going to school full time come September. I need health insurance for my baby, how do I do it? Hes due in October.

Teen pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

Im 15 years old and pregnant the guy who got me pregnant is 16, I dated this guy for five months I thought I loved him, But when I found out I was 6 and a half weeks pregnant He wanted me to get an abortion. And he would always Put me down and say I'm ruining his life. And he wanted Nothing...

Teen pregnancy! [ 7 Answers ]

Hey you all! Well I just wanted to start a conversation. About teen pregnancy.. look to me like that's happening a lot in the society today! I know at least 4 of my friends that are younger the 17 that have or expceting a baby soon.. its crazii. But I'm just here to support them threw it. Yes I do...

Teen Pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

Earlier in the night I gave my boyfriend a hand job, but we went to the bathroom and washed it all over with a rag. And then about an hour or so later he rubbed his penis against my vagina, no precum or ejaculation involved. Could I be pregnant?

Teen pregnancy [ 19 Answers ]

Im a mother of a 15 year old teenager girl. We are both from Michigan. I would like to know if I have the right as a parent to make her have an abortion whether she wants it or not?

View more questions Search