Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 2, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbgirl14 View Post
    Who cares if dis guy got a16 yr old preggo?! Hes 17 rite?? Still a minor too!! it's not lyk it was rape! If it was I bet she wudnt be wit him so hop off! Stop bein so judgementall!!!!! Damn

Actually if she was 15 at the time he started having sex with her it was exactly like rape. Because she was under the age of consent.

You want judgmental? Isn't that what you are doing. You are judgign that its OK to get a 16 yr old girl pregnant! Where do you figure that?

By the way use of text abbreviations is not allowed here. We type in full words and sentences here.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2012, 01:41 PM
    Who cares if dis guy got a16 yr old preggo?! Hes 17 rite?? Still a minor too!! it's not lyk it was rape! If it was I bet she wudnt be wit him so hop off! Stop bein so judgementall!!!!! Damn

Aside from the fact that I'm not so sure you aren't a friend of the OP or the OP himself (using deliberate misspellings) how do you know he's 17? His age was removed when he removed his original question and you apparently didn't read the thread so... how?
    Bbgirl14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 02:46 PM
    I been reading it since it was posted because I'm 17 and I'm pregnant! I been reading all the ones about teen pregnancy but this made me mad! If the 16 yr old girl is OK wit it then that's that. Just because she yung don't mean she can't be a good parent. You don't know her and you don't know how mature she is! Yea maybe she made a mistake for having sex at a yung age but she and this boy are apparently taking responsibility for it. Adults now days are way to uptight and judgementall about everything a teen does
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    ... Are you saying Kansas can't prosecute because Kansas can't prove that conception occurred in Kansas? Or are you saying a smart lawyer could claim that there is no proof that conception occurred in Kansas and get the prosecution dropped or a conviction overturned? ...
    Both of the above are quite possible.

Depending on the facts of the case, a conviction is also possible. If, for example, there was some sort of proof that she never left Kansas.

I suspect that the indictment would have to allege that conception occurred in Kansas. And that would be part of the prima facia case.
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2012, 02:52 PM
    I been readin it since it was posted becuz I'm 17 and I'm pregnant!! I been readin all the ones about teen pregnancy but this made me mad! If the 16 yr old girl is ok wit it then that's that. Just because she yung don't mean she can't be a good parent. U don't know her and you don't know how mature she is!! Yea maybe she made a mistake for havin sex at a yung age but she and this boy are apparently takin responsibility for it. Adults now days are way to uptight and judgementall about everything a teen does
    No, you said HE is 17. That's why I asked you how you know how old HE is.

If you're 17, self supporting, able to take care of this baby financially and emotionally instead of relying on your parents and assistance from the State, finished with your education so you can make a living - kudos to you.

No, the mistake isn't having sex at a "yung age." The mistake is not using protection. Right, I know, the condom broke.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 02:56 PM
    First if he transported a minor over state lines to have sex, guess what, without parents permission, you have kidnapping, you have interstate transport of minor for sexual misuse. And all sorts of other Federal laws so he will wish he was still dealing with just state rape charges.
    Bbgirl14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    No, you said HE is 17. That's why I asked you how you know how old HE is.

If you're 17, self supporting, able to take care of this baby financially and emotionally instead of relying on your parents and assistance from the State, finished with your education so you can make a living - kudos to you.

No, the mistake isn't having sex at a "yung age." The mistake is not using protection. Right, I know, the condom broke.
    He said at the beginning that he was 17 I been reading this since it waz first posted
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2012, 02:58 PM
    He said at the beginning dat he was 17 I been readin this since it waz first posted

Frankly I don't believe it -
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    I don't think so. Kansas can only prosecute if the alleged crime happened in Kansas. If, arguendo, the age of consent in the locus delicti (Missouri, for example) were 15, it would not be a crime no matter where the alleged victim's place of residence might be.

But further discussion of the point would be beating a dead horse.
    You have some reading up to do. The age of consent is 18 if a state line is crossed. It don't matter consenual or where. Its 18!!

Ref:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Mann+Act
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 03:01 PM
    I am closing this for now, I did a IP check on Bbgirl14 and something did not add up right, so I sent it for further review because the IP came back to another member,
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 2, 2012, 03:18 PM
    I been readin it since it was posted becuz I'm 17 and I'm pregnant!! I been readin all the ones about teen pregnancy but this made me mad! If the 16 yr old girl is ok wit it then that's that. Just because she yung don't mean she can't be a good parent. U don't know her and you don't know how mature she is!! Yea maybe she made a mistake for havin sex at a yung age but she and this boy are apparently takin responsibility for it. Adults now days are way to uptight and judgementall about everything a teen does
    First, no one in this thread has said anything about the girl. The focus has been on this guy. Second, This is why there are age of consent laws, because young people are not really capable of consenting to sex, so it doesn't matter if it was OK with her.

Yes she made a mistake, a mistake that can have far reaching consequences for her, the child, and the father.

You are right, we don't know her or how mature she is. We do know that her boyfriend appears to be very controlling which means she is likely to be very submissive. We do know that many teenage pregnancies end up badly. There is a thread now about a 16 year who got pregnant and was allowed to marry the father and that everything is going sour for her even though she didn't have the baby.

So yes, we are making judgments, judgments out of a great deal of knowledge and experience.

And once more, if you continue to use text abbreviations you will not be allowed to post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please help me with teen pregnancy. [ 1 Answers ]

I am 17 going to school full time come September. I need health insurance for my baby, how do I do it? Hes due in October.

Teen pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

Im 15 years old and pregnant the guy who got me pregnant is 16, I dated this guy for five months I thought I loved him, But when I found out I was 6 and a half weeks pregnant He wanted me to get an abortion. And he would always Put me down and say I'm ruining his life. And he wanted Nothing...

Teen pregnancy! [ 7 Answers ]

Hey you all! Well I just wanted to start a conversation. About teen pregnancy.. look to me like that's happening a lot in the society today! I know at least 4 of my friends that are younger the 17 that have or expceting a baby soon.. its crazii. But I'm just here to support them threw it. Yes I do...

Teen Pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

Earlier in the night I gave my boyfriend a hand job, but we went to the bathroom and washed it all over with a rag. And then about an hour or so later he rubbed his penis against my vagina, no precum or ejaculation involved. Could I be pregnant?

Teen pregnancy [ 19 Answers ]

Im a mother of a 15 year old teenager girl. We are both from Michigan. I would like to know if I have the right as a parent to make her have an abortion whether she wants it or not?

View more questions Search