Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tgyellow Posts: 15, Reputation: -6

Aug 2, 2012, 12:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You are very welcome. It appears that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Now I understand why her parents want to keep you away from her.
    Umm I never said her parents want me to stay away from her first off, second off just because my parents did all that bad stuff doesn't mean I have to be like them! Third, I was just asking a simple question that needed a simple answer in case I needed to know, I always prepare ahead, so I was thinking ahead of time at what could/can happen. So you can get off my page now or I will report you!
    SavannahRose Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Aug 2, 2012, 12:09 AM
    and your also getting off subject and JUDGING on how controlling I supposebly am. My question has nothing to do with how controlling I am. Does it?
    Maybe not, but it sure shows exactly what kind of person you are and causes the people you are asking for "help" to start rooting for the other team. Her parents are right to keep you away from her daughter. I hope by the time she is 18, she is smart enough to know that controlling men aren't sexy OR fun.
    SavannahRose Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Aug 2, 2012, 12:10 AM
    Their* daughter (can I edit these things?)
    tgyellow Posts: 15, Reputation: -6

Aug 2, 2012, 12:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SavannahRose View Post
    their* daughter (can i edit these things?)
    Now your both getting off topic. If your not going to help me answer the original question, and just sit here and accuse me of being controlling then your help is not needed here. Oviosly she doesn't care if I'm "controling" or not because she gave me her passwords and permision to get on her stuff and check for guys talking to her innapropriotly or anything like that. And she gave me all this trusting me that I wouldn't do anything I knew she didn't want done with it, and she gave it to me when we first started dating. So both of you go away if your not going to helpp on my original question!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 2, 2012, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyellow View Post
    and your also getting off subject and JUDGING on how controling I supposebly am. my question has nothing to do with how controling i am. does it?
    You apparently don't understand how this site works. We don't just answer questions, we try to deal with the whole situation. So don't presume to dictate how we answer your questions. Your question was answered. Until she is 18 her parents can control who she sees.

But your question leads to another set of issues. Why would her parents want to keep the father of their grandchild away from their daughter?

The facts are that you got a 16 yr old girl pregnant. And you seem to think that, despite that, you are a standup guy. If you were really a paragon of virtue you would never have gotten her pregnant in the first place.

And you better hope that they can't prove you started having sex with her before she turned 16, because Kansas has no close in age exception. You should be happy her parents aren't trying to prosecute you.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 05:56 AM
    now your both getting off topic. if your not gonna help me answer the original question, and just sit here and accuse me of being controling then your help is not needed here. oviosly she doesnt care if im "controling" or not because she gave me her passwords and permision to get on her stuff and check for guys talkin to her innapropriotly or anything like that. and she gave me all this trusting me that i wouldnt do anything i knew she didnt want done with it, and she gave it to me when we first started dating. so both of you go away if your not gonna helpp on my original question!
    This is a public site and also a public forum. Unless someone is breaking the rules you can not dictate who can answer the question. Its not your choice.

Also I agree the from what you have written there is enough to get a restraining order against you at any time. If you weren't such an insecure person then none of the passwords to her "stuff" was ever needed. You show great immaturity and if that doesn't get turned around before the birth occurs your going to have custody problems and always be in a constant battle.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2012, 06:18 AM
    umm i never said her parents want me to stay away from her first off, second off just because my parents did all that bad stuff doesnt mean i have to be like them! third, i was just asking a simple question that needed a simple answer incase i needed to know, i always prepare ahead, so i was thinking ahead of time at what could/can happen. so u can get off my page now or i will report you!

Please report all of us and let me know how that works out for you.

Most people don't prepare ahead to be banned from their child's life. There HAS to be more to this than is being shared.

And, yes, the attitude shows up loud and clear. I wouldn't be so sure that the parents aren't going to level the rape charge.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Please report all of us and let me know how that works out for you.

Most people don't prepare ahead to be banned from their child's life. There HAS to be more to this than is being shared.

And, yes, the attitude shows up loud and clear. I wouldn't be so sure that the parents aren't going to level the rape charge.
    What I find funny is that the OP doesn't realize what position they are really in. They can be hauled away at any time and put in prison if the parent wish to press charges or if authorities find out. He really needs to listen to the advice given and walk on his tiptoes through this minefield.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 06:34 AM
    But couldn't her parents place a restraining order or somthing on me like that from my child?
    If they want to "place" a restraining order against you, they will have to do one of two things (depending in the court rules and practice in their state.
    1. they get a temporary restraining order (or the equivalent) by persuading the court that there is the immediate threat of harm and that there is not time to notify you before the court must act. Then within a few days you would be given a chance to tell your side of it; or
    2. they give you prior notice of a hearing, at which time they would have a chance to try to persuade the court why you should be restrained and you would have a chance to show why such an order isn't necessary.

I have to add that you are very lucky that the age of consent in Kansas is indeed 16. So they can't prosecute you for statutory rape unless they can prove that you had sex with their daughter when she was 15. IF that happened, and they can prove it, you may be given the label of a sex offender.
    I don't see that OP indicates which state it was where the sex took place: Kansas, Missouri, or somewhere else.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 06:49 AM
    so u can get off my page now or i will report you!
    First of all, this isn't your "page." This is a public Q&A site that belongs to the owners of the site, not you.

Second, you can report me because you will be reporting me to me as I am a moderator of the site.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    I don't see that OP indicates which state it was where the sex took place: Kansas, Missouri, or somewhere else.
    The minor girl is a resident of Kansas.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 07:10 AM
    To put it bluntly:

1. YES, her parents CAN keep you away from their minor child. That's why they are called PARENTS.

2. They may or may not be able to keep you from YOUR child. You would have to go to court to get a visitation or custody agreement put into place after the child is born to dictate the terms of your visitation with your child. Because the child's mother is STILL A MINOR, visitation with HER will not be included in the visitation with your child.

3. While I understand not wanting to be judged by who your parents are, you fail to understand that we are judging you based on YOUR actions:
    a. You control your girlfriend because you can't trust her word--you have to have her passwords and check up on her constantly.
    b. YOU GOT A MINOR PREGNANT!
    c. Your attitude when asking for help is defensive and belligerent. Neither is conducive to people wanting to be on YOUR side.

Grow up, little boy. You have a child coming into the world who is going to depend on you. Stop worrying about whether you will get to see your little honey-pot and start worrying about how you are going to support this child, both financially and emotionally.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 08:21 AM
    The minor girl is a resident of Kansas.
    That's what OP said. But it doesn't answer my question. The act of fornication took place in one spot: Missouri, Kansas, or somewhere else. It didn't happen by mail.

Aug 2, 2012, 10:38 AM
    That's what OP said. But it doesn't answer my question. The act of fornication took place in one spot: Missouri, Kansas, or somewhere else. It didn't happen by mail.
    It may have taken place in both places. It is true that we don't know, but I wonder if a KS court will care. The victim is a resident of KS and, I believe that gives KS the right to prosecute.

And a victim she is. If my partner asked for my passwords, I would dump them in a heartbeat.
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2012, 10:53 AM
    hi

I notice this "man" has now changed his question to "hi."

So he's both controlling and a coward.

And this is why I preach that the first person "on" needs to repeat the question.

Mods, is it still available?

You know, I've tried to bulletproof my stepdaughters, make them immune to players - I hope I was successful.

Aug 2, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I notice this "man" has now changed his question to "hi."

So he's both controlling and a coward.

Hmm I can't find the exact message but the original question was whether the parents of a 16 yr old pregnant teen could keep the 17 yr old father of her child away
    From her.

And I agree, editing the original question certainly doesn't say much about the OP. But there is enough in this thread that does.
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Hmm I can't find the exact message but the original question was whether the parents of a 16 yr old pregnant teen could keep the 17 yr old father of her child away
    from her.

And I agree, editing the original question certainly doesn't say much about the OP. But there is enough in this thread that does.

Oh, it says a lot about him - but I get your message.

Hopefully her parents will come here, looking for advice and - bingo! Here he is.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    ... The victim is a resident of KS and, I believe that gives KS the right to prosecute. ...
    I don't think so. Kansas can only prosecute if the alleged crime happened in Kansas. If, arguendo, the age of consent in the locus delicti (Missouri, for example) were 15, it would not be a crime no matter where the alleged victim's place of residence might be.

But further discussion of the point would be beating a dead horse.

Aug 2, 2012, 11:28 AM
    I don't think so. Kansas can only prosecute if the alleged crime happened in Kansas. If, arguendo, the age of consent in the locus delicti (Missouri, for example) were 15, it would not be a crime no matter where the alleged victim's place of residence might be.

But further discussion of the point would be beating a dead horse.
    So let me understand this. A Kansas resident turns up pregnant and her conception date is calculated to have occurred prior to her 16th birthday. Providing incontrovertible evidence that she had sex while she was under the age of consent for Kansas. Are you saying Kansas can't prosecute because Kansas can't prove that conception occurred in Kansas? Or are you saying a smart lawyer could claim that there is no proof that conception occurred in Kansas and get the prosecution dropped or a conviction overturned?

If so, that would be criminal. I would hope any evidence that the couple were together in Kansas would provide grounds for prosecution.
    Bbgirl14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 01:05 PM
    Who cares if this guy got a16 yr old pregnant? Hes 17 rite? Still a minor too! It's not lyk it was rape! If it was I bet she wudnt be wit him so hop off! Stop being so judgementall!! Damn

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please help me with teen pregnancy. [ 1 Answers ]

I am 17 going to school full time come September. I need health insurance for my baby, how do I do it? Hes due in October.

Teen pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

Im 15 years old and pregnant the guy who got me pregnant is 16, I dated this guy for five months I thought I loved him, But when I found out I was 6 and a half weeks pregnant He wanted me to get an abortion. And he would always Put me down and say I'm ruining his life. And he wanted Nothing...

Teen pregnancy! [ 7 Answers ]

Hey you all! Well I just wanted to start a conversation. About teen pregnancy.. look to me like that's happening a lot in the society today! I know at least 4 of my friends that are younger the 17 that have or expceting a baby soon.. its crazii. But I'm just here to support them threw it. Yes I do...

Teen Pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

Earlier in the night I gave my boyfriend a hand job, but we went to the bathroom and washed it all over with a rag. And then about an hour or so later he rubbed his penis against my vagina, no precum or ejaculation involved. Could I be pregnant?

Teen pregnancy [ 19 Answers ]

Im a mother of a 15 year old teenager girl. We are both from Michigan. I would like to know if I have the right as a parent to make her have an abortion whether she wants it or not?

View more questions Search