Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sassypants1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 10:26 PM
    I left a job on 07/27/2012 last Thursday. I am 100% vested in my 401k. The person that handles my 401k Stated that she was not going to give Mass Mutual my term date until the end of August, she stated that since my last paycheck went into August that I have to wait until the end of August for a contrbutution even though I did not work in August the paycheck days go into August to finish out a week that I didn't even work. Is this right? DO I have to wait 30 days. This is my money I am 100% vested. Please help me as I needed this money yesterday.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 06:13 AM
    I suggest that you contact the 401(k) administrator at Mass Mutual and ask how to get access to your funds as an ex-employee. You should certainly be able to withdraw your funds today if you want, although it wouldn't include your last conribution for July payroll. Be aware that unless you are age 55 or older any withdrawal that is not rolled to an IRA or other qualified plan will be subject to both income tax and the 10% early withdrawal penalty.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Aug 2, 2012, 08:58 AM
    Your 401K company will tell you that you need to wait until the final payment is made by the company you work for and all paperwork is filed. You can get your paperwork started to withdraw your funds. It usually takes 30 days for the funds to be processed and mailed to you minus and taxes and penalities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I work tax exempt. 401k or roth 401k [ 4 Answers ]

I am a US citizen and work overseas. I have the tax exempt status up to $85,000. This being said, should I invest in a 401k(which is before taxes) or a Roth 401K since I really don't have to pay taxes on the income I have. Regards, Garf

Is there an example of a 401K waiver that is read to 401K plan participants [ 0 Answers ]

Is there an example of a 401K waiver that is read to 401k plan participants, when they are processing a distribution from their plan with the recordkeeper over the phone.

401k loan and pulling momey out of a 401k to pay the loan off [ 2 Answers ]

I have just turned 591/2 and have a 5,000 dollar loan from my 401k... can I withdraw monies to pay this loan off... and how much will I be taxed if I do? Mickey Huddleston

401K or Roth 401K [ 3 Answers ]

Hai, I am an Indian, presently working for a USA company. I will be in US for next 2-3 years and then I will return back to my country. My employer gave the option to enroll for 401K plan or Roth 401k or a combination of both. And the employer matches my contribution at the rate of 50cents on a...

View more questions Search