Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confushasay Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2012, 06:07 PM
    I'm an adult and possibly pregnant--parents will kill me if I'm pregnant
    Well I'm in my mid 20's still studying in a relationship (not engaged or married) have been together almost a year don't live together. My parents are very religious and my sister is their golden child she dated her now husband for many years before he proposed and even though they've been married for a year they aren't trying for a baby so in my parents eyes they're the perfect couple. I've had a pregnancy scare a long time ago and had to tell mum (luckily my body was playing tricks on me and I wasn't pregnant) when I told mum then she flipped said I'm going to hell my then boyfriend of 10mths left me because he thought I was pregnant and was threatening me and abusing me. Now a few years later I have found the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with and he said he will never leave me he isn't ready for a child just yet because of financial reasons and doesn't think I am either because I still have to finish my degree but if I decide to keep it he will support me and sell things to make money for us. The whole problem is that I'm an ADULT! And so damn scared to tell my parents mum keeps mentally abusing me saying if you ever fall pregnant before marriage I'll be shocked dad will be disappointed and probably hate you she keeps saying stupid things like that, its not like I'm 16 and pregnant I'm a grown woman! I don't know what to do, if I tell them they'll disown me and kick me out (No doubt about it) if I don't they'll still disown me and kick me out as I'll start showing my parents stress me out that much that I'm depressed I have to be exactly like my sister study study until I become a doctor or lawyer or CEO date someone for 5 years or more before marriage get married and not have a baby straight after marriage. On top of that my mum keeps paying my partner out and been a b**ch to him she is like your dumb go to university then turns around and goes to me he doesn't suit you, you're like royalty and he is the peasant what kind of human being says stuff like that!! I keep telling her off but she is like whatever. So I now am more convinced they'll never be happy with the fact that I might be having a baby right now. 
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 06:16 PM
    Are you working on a Ph.D. Why are you still living at home? Do your parents pay for school?

Aug 1, 2012, 06:24 PM
    This is my third degree reason why I'm at home is because nobody wants to employ a university student I'd never earn enough working only 5hours a week to pay for rent if I had a lot of money I'd be out of home long time ago so unfortunately I have to stay at home
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Confushasay View Post
    This is my third degree reason why I'm at home is because nobody wants to employ a university student I'd never earn enough working only 5hours a week to pay for rent if I had a lot of money I'd be out of home long time ago so unfortunately I have to stay at home
    Third degree? In what? And what are the other two?

No friends to be roommates in an apartment? Rent a bedroom in someone's house?

Aug 1, 2012, 06:41 PM
    No, friends are all in relationships and living with partners or have kids of their own. Don't have any single friends.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 06:48 PM
    No renting a bedroom somewhere?

Third degree? In what? And what are the other two?

Aug 1, 2012, 06:54 PM
    Like I said previously I can't afford to rent... and what I'm studying really has no importance with what I'm asking help in sorry.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Are you really pregnant or just possibly?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Confushasay View Post
    Like I said previously I can't afford to rent...and what I'm studying really has no importance with what I'm asking help in sorry.
    Yes, it does. You raved about how you are being abused at home, so I'm wondering if your parents are paying for school (now a 3rd degree?? ) and giving you a comfortable place to live. If it were me, I would have figured out a way to leave long ago.
    glammyj05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 07:15 PM
    There is a lot you can do, you just can see it through all the stress. A parent no matter what would except their children for who they, may become and the choices they make. If your happy with your boyfriend stay with him and talk this over. As for your family, don't worry about what they have to say. I know that sounds bad but as you said you're a grown women and you should be able to make your own choices. Third degree.. if I was your parent I would be proud of you not to mention your still in school in your mid 20s and haven't got pregnant. Look at all the good things you've done with your life and stop thinking about the bad. Sooner or later your family is going to accept it and everything is going to be okay. I say keep the baby and let everything thing else fall in to place. If anything this baby will motivate you to work harder and do great in life
    glammyj05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 07:15 PM
    *can't
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by glammyj05 View Post
    there is a lot you can do, you just can see it through all the stress. A parent no matter what would except their children for who they, may become and the choices they make. If your happy with your bf stay with him and talk this over. as for your family, dont worry about what they have to say. I know that sounds bad but as you said your a grown women and you should be able to make your own choices. third degree.. if i was your parent i would be proud of you not to mention your still in school in your mid 20s and havent got pregnant. look at all the good things youve done with your life and stop thinking about the bad. sooner or later your family is going to accept it and everything is gonna be okay. I say keep the baby and let everything thing else fall in to place. if anything this baby will motivate you to work harder and do great in life
    How will she support herself and a baby? She can't afford to live away from home now. She will bring a baby into her parents' abusive home? Her boyfriend doesn't really want a baby. What about school?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Could I Possibly be Pregnant? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there! I think that I might be pregnant, but I'm not quite sure. I have been on the Nuvaring for the past couple of months and have not had any side effects. I always get my period within 3 days of taking the ring out and my period is completely normal ( I don't need anything more than a...

Could I be possibly pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend on 20th and 22nd of march(2012). We did not use condoms and he did ejaculate inside me. I forgot to take ny birth control on Friday Saturday and Sunday and I Also forgot on thurday the second time we had sex. My question is, could I possibly be pregnant? If I am when...

Could I possibly be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 20 years old, and my boyfriend and me are sexually active. Because I am deathly allergic to most birth controls, and allergic to condoms, we use the pull out method. For the last 3 years, my period has been pretty regular. Then this month starts. I've been feeling incredibly tired, dizzy,...

Possibly pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and my last period began on April 16. I had sex on the 26 and May 10. On the 26 it was kind of unprotected at first by we used something by the end. On the 10 it was numerous times and he half pulled out at the end. Since then, my breasts have been pretty sore and I had been...

Possibly infertile but possibly pregnant! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the thing is I have been told that I might not be able to have children! But now I have had unprtected sex for 2 months now I isn't missed ma period yet but my boobs really hurt that much I can't take my bra off plus they are darker round my nipple and I keep getting light twinges of cramp...

View more questions Search