Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 04:12 PM
    There's a blog topic for you, Alty -- poutine. I can easily find pictures to go with it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    There's a blog topic for you, Alty -- poutine. I can easily find pictures to go with it.
    I will willingly write a blog about poutine if you get me some poutine right now.

If I don't get poutine it's just going to be an angry, hate filled, venomous, evil blog about being denied, and the mean people that refuse to stop goading me about it. ;)

In other words, without poutine to eat, a blog about it won't be pretty.

Where is Bella? She started this! She should be the one going downtown to buy me poutine! Bella! Bella! You can't hide! You started this poutine thing. You will pay! ;)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 04:18 PM
    I can go with that. (anything to get an essay out of Alty... ) When we can send poutine via email, I'll send you some.
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I can go with that. (anything to get an essay out of Alty....) When we can send poutine via email, I'll send you some.
    Coconuts. Coconuts. Go to your happy place, think about coconuts, not poutine.

COCONUTS!

I want poutine!!
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 04:42 PM
    Come visit me we can walk to the poutine store from here :)
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    Come visit me we can walk to the poutine store from here :)
    COCONUTS! We're talking about coconuts, not poutine!

Evil people! Pure evil!

Do you all love me even a little bit? You're torturing me! I'm in physical pain!

Look... a squirrel!

Let's talk about squirrels! :)
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 05:11 PM
    Coconuts, don't you hate how they are all hairy?
    They are impossible to get into neatly and the milk is no good for cereal.
    If you do manage to get into it the meaty part gets stuck in your teeth.

Squirrels, I love squirrels, they are cute, have fluffy tails but they have this weird obsession with nuts.
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    Coconuts, don't you hate how they are all hairy?
    They are impossible to get into neatly and the milk is no good for cereal.
    If you do manage to get into it the meaty part gets stuck in your teeth.

Squirrels, I love squirrels, they are cute, have fluffy tails but they have this weird obsession with nuts.
    You are my new best friend Lady Sam. :)

When we were in Mexico, 10 years ago, I found a coconut on the beach. We brought it back and tried to hack it open to eat it. What a pain in the arse! But we did bust it open, after hours of trying. Frankly, it was the only food I found palatable on that trip. I found out 2 days before we left that I was pregnant with my daughter. No drinks on our all inclusive trip, and I was sick as a dog with parvo. :(

Love squirrels. They're funny. :)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2012, 02:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    COCONUTS! We're talking about coconuts, not poutine!

Evil people! Pure evil!

Do you all love me even a little bit? You're torturing me! I'm in physical pain!

Look...a squirrel!

Let's talk about squirrels! :)

Squirrel!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 06:25 AM
    Ok so update, the bloody cat lady went through a SPCA to get her vet bills covered and now the SPCA wants us to cover the rest of the bill! So Lady may be safe, but now she is trying to sue me for the remainder of the vet bills. Judy, still want to do that interview? I am at work right now, but I could email you her phone number? Can I call the vet and ask for a full report on injuries in writing?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Ok so update, the bloody cat lady went through a SPCA to get her vet bills covered and now the SPCA wants us to cover the rest of the bill! So Lady may be safe, but now she is trying to sue me for the remainder of the vet bills. Judy, still want to do that interview? I am at work right now, but I could email you her phone number? Can I call the vet and ask for a full report on injuries in writing?

I just saw this - didn't get a notice anything had been added.

I'm working, on my laptop.

You aren't entitled to report on someone else's animal. You ARE "entitled" to ask the Cat Lady for it. (I'm now going to begin calling her TECL, The Evil Cat Lady.) Why woult TECL expect you to pay the bill if you haven't seen it?

You'll need to explain to me how your SPCA works - off site is fine. Where I am IF the SPCA pays the bill the SPCA takes possession of the animal. How does it work where you are?

Sure - no problem investigating from this end, no problem at all.

Give me the details re: the SPCA, what she has said about the extent of the injuries to the cat. Does TECL think you are turning this over to insurance (homeowners)? Does she think something else.

The more info I have - and I'm not asking for your shoe size - the easier it is to engage her in conversation.

Does she talk to you, send letters, wrap a note around a rock and throw it through your window?

I'm working a matrimonial surveillance - I've spent hours in my car on my laptop since Thursday of last week - but it's winding down so, yes, I'll be around after tonight. One more day of following this guy around, waiting for him to cheat, and I'm going to march up to him and proposition him. Anything to end the boredom!

Anyway - send me the PM and I'll let you know what else I need to know.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2012, 07:31 AM
    Bella - would you let me know where this stands?
    Dogs Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 05:14 AM
    Sorry Judy I didn't get notification, I'm posting from my phone. I thought you forgot about me! Here's the update. The neighbor lady called the RCMP, she basically accused me and my mom of threatening her. We told our side, the RCMP basically said be peaceful. After paying the money to the cat lady she went to a local shelter it wasn't SPCA, but the humane society, to have surgery done and they paid the rest of the bill, now they are coming after me to pay them. We have a court date in December, and as far as I know Lady will be on trial as well. I may have an over active imagination, but since said incident my fathers break lines have snapped, my mothers transmission line blew, my dads engine caught on fire and I had a nail in my tire... now I'm not pointing fingers, but damn!

Its been very tense around here, I don't leave lady outside by herself and I no longer allow e to play in back yard by her self. She still solutes her cats outside free roam. I guess at this point I'm just waiting until December to figure out what the heck is going on. Will I be responsible fur remaining vet bill
    Dogs Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 05:16 AM
    I hit submit before I could edit and finish. Will I be held responsible fit remaining vet bill with written agreement between her and I to settle with x of dollars towards vet bill?
    Dogs Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 05:20 AM
    Grr I hate posting from my phone. I just tried pming you Judy, but can't figure it out from my phone.
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2012, 07:05 AM
    I hit submit before I could edit and finish. will I be held responsible fit remaining vet bill with written agreement between her and I to settle with x of dollars towards vet bill?

If you and the cat lady have a written agreement (sometimes verbal will be admitted) to pay X dollars on the Vet bill she cannot now come back at you for more. Only a written agreement changes a written agreement.

Have you actually paid her anything or paid anything toward the bills?

And, yes, I wondered why I haven't heard from you since I offered to obtain telephone statements.
    Dogs Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 02:35 PM
    My laptop exploded, and just got busy with work, kept coming back to check notifications and only saw them in the peeves thread. I'm really sorry Judy, I don't want to appear ungrateful! Me and the TECL made a verbal deal, and I paid her $500 towards the vet bill, but lawyer advised me I didn't need to, and we were going to go toe to toe to get money back, but TECL promised to have my dog's head on a platter. She said I pay the $500 and we both wash our hands. After the monies were paid she went to the Humane Society, where they paid the remaining bill. A day later I get a phone call from them telling me I need to pay $800 and some change. I told them that I was not going to pay, a week or two later I got a summons to court for the remaining balance.
    Dogs Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 02:36 PM
    I do have in writing where TECL agreed to drop all 'charges' once money was received.
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2012, 02:53 PM
    I do have in writing where TECL agreed to drop all 'charges' once money was received.

I think you're good - she cannot change the terms, particularly AFTER accepting the money!
    Dogs Expert

Oct 5, 2012, 09:14 AM
    I think so too. It was a real whirl wind for a while there. I'll make sure to keep you posted. I just purchased a mini netbook, it's almost easier to use the phone, but should be able to pop in more often now. Thanks for all the advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who's here tried la Bella lightning gel if so please help? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I dyed my hair black last yr and I'm getting tired of it and so I tried to dyed it light brown and so I dye my hair about three times and nothing changes only my roots so I was planning on bleaching my hair but I don't want my hair to get damaged since I dyed it a lot so I heard about this...

Need the artis for. Lady you bring me up when I'm down Lady you changed my life around [ 1 Answers ]

Its and older group and a african american group

Hey lady you lady you're a contedted mother [ 1 Answers ]

Hey lady... You lady... I've been to California... I've been to paradise.. You belong to me

Bella [ 11 Answers ]

Hello... I am having a similar problem with my 10 week only Boston Terrier. Because we live in Canada, it is too cold for her to go outside so we are doing the paper training. She has done so very well with peeing... we are doing all the suggested things... praising, treating... we have her on a...

View more questions Search