Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aszpk5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 03:44 PM
    Roof fix rather than replace
    We recently were hit with a severe thunderstorm with winds in excess of 60mph. A locust tree fell crushing part of my garage roof and some smaller branches damage some shingles as well. The wind also litfted up some shingles here and there. The insurance adjuster was out today and said that they could not replace the roof only fix the major damaged spots because my roof is old and at the edges near the drip guard the plywood underneath was rotted. My roof may be old but it DOES NOT leak and now I am worried that only fixing spots will cause the older parts of my roof to leak or even create more damage. Is there anyway I can get around this and get them to replace the whole roof. The adjuster said if the roof was not old the shingles would not have lifted.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix a weak spot on a roof? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I was on the roof shingling and I was walking around and the roof made creaking noises...

Temporary fix for flat roof [ 8 Answers ]

Here is my story.I started to repair my flat roof.well its almost flat.it slopes about 12 inches over the whole span of 14 feet. This roof is above my second garage.it is attached to the house. Well I removed all the old roll roofing,all the old plywood and I also replaced 3 joists. I laid down all...

Help me resources to fix my roof and ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

What agencies can help repairing my roof and ceiling... non-profit agencies

Patch or replace roof [ 4 Answers ]

Should I patch my roof or replace entire roof?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.