Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    c827jin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 11:03 AM
    Apartment contract legally binding?
    If I signed a leasing contract, which specifically says
    On the paper that the term of the contract is later in the year, is it still legally binding?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2012, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by c827jin View Post
    If I signed a leasing contract, which specifically says
    on the paper that the term of the contract is later in the year, is it still legally binding?

I don't know what you mean. Do you mean the date on it is wrong OR that it's a contract which "starts" on another date?

For example, if I sign a lease in August and it's for a term from October to September it's legally binding.
    c827jin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 11:36 AM
    I meant that I signed the contract earlier in the year, but the term of the contract is from October to next year. Am I still legally bound right now?

Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I don't know what you mean. Do you mean the date on it is wrong OR that it's a contract which "starts" on another date?

For example, if I sign a lease in August and it's for a term from October to September it's legally binding.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 11:41 AM
    Yes, you're still bound by it.

I'm assuming that you're talking about a lease and that you're the tenant. If you need to get out of the lease try speaking to the landlord. Maybe they will let you find someone else to take over your lease. If not, and if you let them know now that you won't be able to move in, in most states they are obligated to try and find another tenant. Tell us where you are and a little bit more about your situation and we can give you a better answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are initials on a contract legally binding? [ 5 Answers ]

I spoke to several outside sources a paralegal, a real estate agent, and even a manager at another apartment complex. When The Contract had been made for all of us we were all currently present and we all initialed the contract, but everyone else signed the contract but me. So am I legally bound...

Is an unsigned contract legally binding in canada? [ 2 Answers ]

I sent an e-mail to a real estate firm saying that I wanted to make a bid on a property, I then received the documents. They worried me because they say that he is not helping us in any way and on schedule A there are a bunch of other things that concern me like if any money is owed out on this...

Is a verbal contract legally binding for buying a car Ohio? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. I purchased a car from a friend of my fiancé. I was told by the owner of the car there was nothing major wrong with the car. She assured me she would pay me back if there was something wrong with it other than what she had told me. I was unable to test drive it do to me not feeling well,...

Are deposits legally binding [ 7 Answers ]

My son paid a deposit for a car,the seller has now changed his mind, he also signed a hand written receipt, my son still wants the car

Is my lease still legally binding? [ 2 Answers ]

As of June 1 2006, my 1 year lease was up and I was to continue my rental agreement with a month to month lease following he fullfilment of this one year lease. As of July 1 2006 the rental property was taken over by a new property owner. I never signed any lease agreement with this new owner...

View more questions Search