Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benjigates Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Older dog problems
    My older dog has gone deaf, he is not eating properly and has started messing inside, he also seems lost and confused what should I do
    benjigates Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Older dog problems
    My older dog has gone deaf, he is not eating properly and has started messing inside, he also seems lost and confused what should I do he is a 13 year old collie cross
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 5, 2007, 09:57 AM
    You may want to take him to the vet and explain what's going on. It could be numerous things. They could run a couple of tests and tell you. He is older, but there still may be something that they can do to prolong his life for a bit longer.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Mar 5, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Take him to a vet.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 5, 2007, 10:03 AM
    There is good help for elderly dogs now. They do get alzheimers. Veterinary medicine comes ahead in leeps and bounds the same as human medicine. I would take your senior citizen to the vet and see if there isn't a med that can help. He should go to the vet anyway for a check over. Good luck. You didn't say how old he/she is.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2007, 10:56 AM
    The vet may or may not be able to do much depending on just what the problem is. A simple ear infection could be cleared up in a few days. Even a moderate sized dog like that may have a few more good years with the right treatment. I am pleased how my 13 year old Lab is doing after having a tumor removed and going on hormone therapy. She is back to enjoying her walks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My older dog won't eat [ 7 Answers ]

I hope I'm using this correctly - I'm fairly new to internet conversations. My (soon to be) 16 year old dog stopped eating following medication for his cough caused by his heart murmur. We took him off the medicine when it elevated his BUN kidney results, but he has failed to return to a normal...

Putting down an older dog [ 5 Answers ]

My poodle is over 15 years old. She is diabetic (2 shots a day) and is blind. She has reached the point where she wets everywhere, no matter how many times we take her out. We have "puppy pads" all over the house; she uses them all, but still wets on the carpet each day. It is embarrassing to...

Older dog having trouble holding water [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I have an 11 year old black dog. (mutt) about 30lbs if I had to guess. She's my old pal of many years, but here latley she seems to have some trouble holding her water. She races to go out about every other hour now. So the solution is simple right? Take her out ever other hour! Well, its...

Older dog [ 11 Answers ]

I am struggling with an older dog in my household. He is 17 so I am lucky he is still around. It is a male schnauzer. He eats with no problem, but goesn't always take the medication that he needs of 5 pills in the morning, and 4 in the evening. If he is hungry, he will devour them with his...

View more questions Search