Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jade_delaney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
    What does heaven look like
    How could I describe heaven and what it looks like?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Well according to the county western song, I understand it looks a lot like TEXAS.

But seriously while we have some examples in the bible, we have no real context to compare it to. And we have to look at the ideas of the New Jersulam that will come here on earth.

But the most important thing is not what the looks is like but what the love and the closeness with God will be.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 5, 2007, 10:14 AM
    None of us can really say for sure, but I prefer to think of it as the most beautiful place you could ever wish to see.
    elizabethpayge Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Heaven is not a place it's a person!! YES, I believe in Heaven, but isn't it more rewarding to know that you will be in the presence of JESUS CHRIST!!
    kirktolliver Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jade_delaney
    Interesting! Heaven can in my opinion be the contrast to the worstest things in life. It's envitable as humans that we know evil and destruction and pain, just as the envitablity of hppiness. :-)
    Alpha_Male81 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tinsign
    None of us can really say for sure, but i prefer to think of it as the most beautiful place you could ever wish to see.
    That's most people view, but no one said that it IS how it looks like.. We stereotyped heaven, people question if we'll look the way we do, if wisdom will pass with us... I even wonder if I can play wideogames up there, but I guess God's grace and presence will be the only thing I'll need.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 12:50 PM
    I think Heaven will be formed by the individual person. That person's deepest loves and closest people will be there. A land of the sweetst memories.. It will be the most inviting and comfortable place you could image. Full of beauty and overwhelming love.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Ask a child... with their purity and innocence, I bet they have a closer answer than any of us could come up with.:)
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

May 8, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Interesting paradox, but heaven is probably so beautiful that we would kill ourselves to get there more quick.
    HELLOMEHERE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 09:25 AM
    NO
    chronix719 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Oct 21, 2009, 10:18 AM

Probrobly the most beautiful place you can imagine, then more beautiful than that!
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Oct 23, 2009, 07:32 PM
    What does heaven look like.

The bible talks about streets of gold as clear as crystal and walls made of precious
    Stones. More than anything else, heaven is a spiritual condition where one spiritual being is in touch with another spiritual being and there is total communication and fellowship.

Being in God's presence will bring an intensity of great joy that will far exceed anything we could know here on earth. Not only that but there will be no death or sorrow, or sickness or poverty.

The bible also talks about crowns and thrones in heaven. This tells us that heaven is not just a hugh democracy where there is no differentiation of function. There will be different functions and different levels of responsibility assigned to different people. There will still be levels of order and structure throughout God's universe.

We do know that we will be able to recognize our love ones in heaven and that we will
    Experience great joy over being reunited with them. There will be an opening of understanding into all the secrets and mysteries of the universe. Also in heaven there will be no fear of any kind of evil and God will provide generously for His people.

What is heaven like ? It is better than anything any human being could ever imagine when he tries to picture the best thing that could ever happen to him.

Maggie 3
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 11:34 PM
    jade_delaney,
    There is no biblical description of what heaven looks like but Jesus does mention some things about the Kingdom of God and what it is like to be there in some of His parables.
    We know form scripture that there will be no given in marriage and that there will be no sadness only joy.
    In it we will be close to the most beautiful person in the universe so I suspect thateverything else there will refelct that beauty.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Oct 30, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jade_delaney View Post
    How on earth can anyone tell what the Heaven looks like? It is totally pointless to pretend to explain what Heaven if as much as it is also totally pointless to try to describe GOD in any way.

Nobody has seen GOD or Heaven and come back to explain what they resembled.

If anything, I would say that neither one can be described by men for lack of qualifying words. Most probably Heaven may be what we can experience when we are finally given the possibility of contemplating GOD in all ITS splendor and magnificence. The same as Hell is probably the knowledge that we can never see GOD.

And, by the same token, probably both GOD and Heaven and Hell are conceptually unethereal, that is they have nothing to do with our physical Universe, or in other words they occupy no space whatsoever but at the same time they are everywhere!

As I said we do not have the adequate words to explain and we DO NOT KNOW!

Gromitt82
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 06:14 PM
    gromitt82,
    Keep in mind that Jesus told us some of what heaven is like in His parables.
    BUT... not what it looks like.
    Fred

Oct 31, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    gromitt82,
    Keep in mind that Jesus told us some of what heaven is like in His parables.
    BUT...not what it looks like.
    Fred
    Right you are! This is why I say that probably the mere fact of being able to visualize or contemplate GOD may already be HEAVEN! Regarding Jesus' parables though they were meant to be applicable to all of us for as long as mankind exists the examples and the language used were basically to make them understandable to those He was speaking to.

And when He says, for instance, "sitting next to my Father" that mus be a figure of speech insofar the Father, the Son and the Holy Espirit are a Trinity in One and Only GOD

Gromitt82
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 06:14 PM
    gromitt82,
    Yes I understand that to be a figure of speech.
    It's like speaking of the eye of God or the hand of God.
    God the Father is spirit and thus has no parts.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Nov 1, 2009, 08:45 AM
    gromitt82,
    Yes I understand that to be a figure of speech.
    It's like speaking of the eye of God or the hand of God.
    God the Father is spirit and thus has no parts.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    That is exactly what I mean. Some people speak of Heaven as if convinced Heaven occupies a place in Space which implies, I would say, that Heaven is a sort of physical garden of eden located in some far away corner of some far away galaxy.

I think this is trying to translate our earthly way of thinking along with our limitations as far as understanding what GOD is like but I think we should try to be more generous and consider that if GOD has created our Universe GOD mus necessarily be over and abobe it and so has to be GOD's Kingdom.

I do not even know what I mean to say. I get lost when I think of these incomprehensible matters... So I have to conclude that GOD and ITS Kingdom will ONLY be disclosed to us in all its splendor when we undertake that one way journey...

Gromitt82
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 05:34 PM
    gromitt82,
    Yes.
    I think that the kingdom of God is very spiritual, but it has the concept of we having glorified bodies such as Jesus has after He rose from the dead.
    That does boggle my mind.
    Apparently such person can appear to have physical bodies od some sort such as when such appeared as recorded in the bible, the men who came to dine with Abraham is an example and also when Moses and Elijah appeared at Jesus' transfiguration.Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Nov 2, 2009, 10:34 AM
    gromitt82,
    Yes.
    I think that the kingdom of God is very spiritual, but it has the concept of we having glorified bodies such as Jesus has after He rose from the dead.
    That does boggle my mind.
    Apparently such person can appear to have physical bodies od some sort such as when such appeared as recorded in the bible, the men who came to dine with Abraham is an example and also when Moses and Elijah appeared at Jesus' transfiguration.Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    GOD is, of course, almighty. If GOD is our Creator and the Creator of the Universe it must no pose any problem to mahe Moses and Elijah appear nest to Jesus in his transfiguration and let Jesus' Mother or some saints appear to us in their physical bodies. Which does not of course necessarily implies that our physical bodies should meet in Paradise as we are down here.
    If, as in all likelihood, there are other living entities in our Universe (many scientists believe so right now) these forms of live do not have to coincide with ours but they have also been created -no question about that - by the creator.
    And if they are capable of adoting GOD as we are they must have a soul like we do.
    And if this is so, our should will not probably differ from theirs, which would -in my opinion- lead to believe that in Paradise there will be a gathering of Souls or spiritual forms instead of bodies.
    It is a boggling idea, but not necessarily impossible!
    Gromitt82

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get into Heaven? [ 8 Answers ]

The other day my 8 year old asked me if she had to be baptised to get into heaven. This question totally took me by surprise. Although I believe in God, I honestly do not know the answer to this question. I became baptised when this child was in my belly. Does that mean she was baptised then too? I...

WHEN you get to heaven [ 11 Answers ]

How old will you be in heaven?

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

Describe Heaven [ 17 Answers ]

This is for people who believe in a life after death. Does your belief influence the way you live your life? If yes, please describe what you anticipate this life will be like.

Heaven [ 1 Answers ]

According to the Bible, in Heaven the saints will praise God for all his glory forever and ever. This does not sound like my idea of Heaven!! Standing around singing God's praises for the rest of eternity sounds, in fact, like nothing more than a super-big ego trip for God. If that is so, then...

View more questions Search