Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniigurl Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Jul 31, 2012, 11:17 AM
    Vaginal discharge during pregnancy
    I'm 8 months pregnant, I got tested for STD's back in October and then again the day that I found out I was pregnant and once more around 4-5 months. I was tested for HIV, HPV, Gonnorrhea, clamydia, trich, and various bacterial infections, and nothing ever came back indicating that there was an issue. However, I notice that my discharge is CONSTANTLY changing, which I read to be normal, and my doctor confirmed that it is indeed normal to have happen during pregnancy. The only issue I have is that my discharge is sometimes a light greenish color and sometimes it has the mucusy stringy look to it. I'm not sure if possibly I've contracted some type of bacterial/fungal infection or if perhaps for some women this may be normal. A couple weeks ago I did begin to notice I was a bit ichy down there, however, it's been a week and that's subsided. I go back in on the 9th to see my doctor, but I'm basically just wondering if there are any pregnant women out there or new moms/moms in general who are if not currently experiencing this, have at some point experienced it and if it was normal. I did experience this issue once before when I wasn't pregnant and it was reoccurring bladder infections and bacterial infections due to chemical/hormonal imbalances, once I got on antibiotics and changed the detergent and soaps and tampons I used, things got better, but I haven't been diagnosed with anything since then so I'm not quite sure what to think at this point.
    kniht_tnereffid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 02:11 PM
    Prob a yeast infection. Im pretty sure u can use the over the counter stuff. Just call and make sure.
    daniigurl Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Aug 1, 2012, 02:20 AM
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is Vaginal Discharge before period a sign of Pregnancy [ 31 Answers ]

Hi All, I had my periods on 14th of sept and is due on 9 or 10th of oct as I usually go 5 days up every month, since 2 days I'm feeling a white vaginal discharge in my panty all the time, and I don't have any itching, or burning sensation or vaginal infection there, neither do I have any...

Vaginal discharge, no period, and negative pregnancy tests [ 0 Answers ]

These past three days I been having this clear whitish discharge along with mild cramps, and my period was expected to come yesterday but it never did. I'm starting to assume that I may be pregnant since me and my partner had sex using the withdrawal method (not our smartest idea) on the last day...

Vaginal illness? I have white vaginal discharge so what is the illnes I got now ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been sleep with my boyfriend with condom and after 3 day I started to got achy on my vagina and after 5 day I got some white vaginal discharge coming out, so what's a problem then ? Please advise !

Is a Pinkish Vaginal Discharge in the second trimester of pregnancy (19 weeks) normal [ 2 Answers ]

I know it is probably nothing to be worried about, but I am 18/19 weeks pregnant with my second child. Although I think I only started to feel the baby movements this week I also noticed that I have a very slight pinkish vaginal discharge. I went to the doctor 4 days ago and all seemed fine -...

View more questions Search