Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonesjua Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Draft inducer motor for Criterion II
    What does the draft inducer motor do?
    jonesjua Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 06:00 PM
    What is a draft inducer motor and what exactly does it do?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2012, 06:59 PM
    Think of the name "draft inducer". The motor turns a small fan that forces (induces) air out the vent, creating a draft so you don't backdraft after ignition. In 92% units it forces air out and the negative pressure brings fresh air into the heater from outside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Draft inducer motor keeps cycling on and off. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMH8 furnace that is three years old. The draft inducer motor goes on for about 2 seconds then shuts off and then keeps cycling until I shut the furnace off. It has been doing this for three days. My plumber came over and looked at it and after checking some wires it came back on....

How do I find a source for replacement furnace draft inducer for rheem criterion II [ 2 Answers ]

I have A Rheem Criterion II Model RGLH-10EBRJR and I've been told I need to replace the draft inducer because of hairline cracks in the plastic housing. I looked at Rheem web site and no help there. How/where can I find a replacement part? Estimate from repairman was in excess of $400 for part...

Heil Gaspack draft inducer motor not coming on [ 5 Answers ]

The motor is only making a "humming" sound. I have checked all the obvious stuff, loose connections, power to heat unit, tube to pressure switch, igniter, etc... All seams well. The motor itself will turn smoothly by hand but will not move when unit is turned on. I also have no spark at the...

Hard to replace Rheem Criterion Inducer Motor? [ 1 Answers ]

I found the part #66847 Inducer motor ($200) for my 1992 Rheem Criterion RGDG... The ball bearings were going bad and HVAC companies want from $500 to $890 to replace it. Is it hard or anything tricky about replacing it yourself? I can order the part and try it myself or order the part and have...

Replace Rheem Criterion inducer motor [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone tell me what part number and where I can get a replacement inducer motor on a Rheem Criterion, circa 1992, model RGDG-150ARJR? Already had someone come out and said ball bearings were going bad and motor should be replaced. They wanted to charge me $400 for the motor alone. I see...

View more questions Search